Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G50A gaming monitor goes from 165hz rgb mode to 120hz Y range mode randomly

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 01:23 PM)
g50a 120hz bug
First Poster
Options

Samung G50A 165hz qhd ips panel keeps changing from 165hz rgb mode in display settings to 120hz mode Y range colour settings randomly whenever it feels like it only was I realised is while gaming colour randomly get better and screen randomly feels slower I go to windows display and bang 120hz mode, I turn monitor off and on again and display in windows shows 165hz rgb again could last hours maybe days but at some point it randomly changes definitely a monitor issue needs a firmware update ASAP its confusing it's colour/refresh settings all by its self 

6 REPLIES 6
RunninJae
First Poster
Options

i am currently having the same issue and would like to know if you ever figured out a solution

0 Likes
MaGent
First Poster
Options

i have same issue and other solutions that i found don't worked

0 Likes
Vidachi80
First Poster
Options

Did you guys fix this. I am having the same issue. It wont go back to 165Hz in 2k. I can only use it 165Hz in 1080p or 119Hz in 2K. Swapped cables (using original hdmi from the monitor) with a 3070 nVidia GPU

0 Likes
tomster84
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, i got the same problem... As well as some very ugly pixelated red colors...

This fixed it for me:

Check the settings of your Monitor. 

1. On the OSD (OnScreenDisplay, button below the screen) go to "System"
2. Check DisplayPort Version (mine was 1.1)
3. switch it to 1.2
4. 144hz & 165hz available as well as the colours look good again

Good luck!
:smiling-face:

Bazo4
First Poster
Options

I followed the same steps as you mentioned and the issue still persists... What could the problem be its so annoying like the hell

0 Likes
Bazo4
First Poster
Options

Same thing here... it just randomly switches itself to 120hz and with worse colors for no reason. Usually for me this happens after i finish gaming when i am on desktop it will randomly switch to 120 hz and the only way i can fix it is if i restart my entire pc which is so god ***** annoying. If anyone has a real working fix share it ASAP 

0 Likes