Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 4 Speculation

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 04:24 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A while away as the next version of the Fold likely to be unveiled in August, however already we have some clues though of course they may not all materialise.  Are Fold fans here looking for particular advancements.

We may see some of these developments,an under display camera that is less visible, a bigger battery,  redesign which makes the device lighter and more dust and water proof  resistant.  Possibly an under display fingerprint scanner and the latest word is that the Fold will come supplied with an S Pen  in an internal slot like the S22 Ultra ,even if that was not expected earlier.

See more here https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-4 https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-z-fold-4-s-pen-revolution-this-year/ 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-concept-renders-visualise-how-the-Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Fold4-could-l... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

9 REPLIES 9
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

A while away as the next version of the Fold likely to be unveiled in August, however already we have some clues though of course they may not all materialise.  Are Fold fans here looking for particular advancements.

The one thing that is stopping me from getting the fold is the size of the outside screen. I understand opening with the larger screen inside but would love to see a wider "front" screen, making it a more familiar size, with a small screen on the "back" of the exterior like the z flip 3 for notifications.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Personally I'd prefer to stick with the fingerprint scanner as it is.
It's reliable and quick.
Like you I'd like to see a bigger front screen, don't think it needs to be too much bigger. But large enough to be able to use it easier.
They can do away with the selfie camera on the large inner display as far as I'm concerned. But to have better rear cameras is an essential for me. Not talking S22 Ultra cameras, but some with better low light capabilities.
Would be nice to get an integrated S Pen. But I'd happily take a bigger battery
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have had not had a Fold personally  but better cameras (particularly rear)  and bigger battery would be the points that would make it more enticing plus bigger front screen would be advantageous.  The integrated S Pen would be attractive but not a selling point by  itself. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I agree.
Only real gripe for me is cameras. Front screen can live with
bluace
Voyager
Options
Personally for me i have only had it since December but i would say larger battery if they can better camera but i am still happy with my fold i love the front screen as my hands are small perfect for me and i love using my full screen to watch videos play games draw i look forward to the fold 4 as i dont think il ever go back to using a non folding phone lol
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

Only a few months away now. I'm considering upgrading from the S22 Ultra to the Fold 4. 

Does anybody remember what trade in value Samsung were offering g last year for the S21 Ultra? 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @hughsie27   May I ask if you are   not that impressed with the S22 Ultra or are you just more enticed with  the Fold 4?

0 Likes
hughsie27
Navigator
Options
Definitely the latter. Other than not an amazing battery the Ultra is a great phone.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@hughsie Thanks for your input,just that there are different opinions on the S22 Ultra. However a number rate it very highly,though Battery life maybe not impressive enough for some heavy users.

0 Likes