Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number

(Topic created on: 19-12-2021 10:46 PM)
Christie g
First Poster
Options

So I recently changed my daughter's number and when she texts me it comes from her old number I tried deleting it factory reset ting my phone and put her new number an when I send her a text it still comes throu old number. Old number is deactivated too

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndyGray
Apprentice
Options
I have had this issue with my son's phone . You need to put a different sim card in the phone this will change the stored numbers in your phone to the new sim phone number. Once you have done this you will then put your daughters sim card back in and the phone will re sync with her number and all should work
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
You will need to contact ur daughter network provider as they can help you on this issue.
0 Likes
Christie g
First Poster
Options

@AndyGray wrote:
I have had this issue with my son's phone . You need to put a different sim card in the phone this will change the stored numbers in your phone to the new sim phone number. Once you have done this you will then put your daughters sim card back in and the phone will re sync with her number and all should work

Problem is it seems to just happen with my phone sometimes it comes through new one and sometimes it comes through old one 

0 Likes
AndyGray
Apprentice
Options
Oh right see the problem is with the newer RCS messaging system . If your problem persists .I would follow Aklima advice and speak to your network provider or if you not interested in using RCS and just want normal text message system to work . You cab turn off RCS text by going to settings then click the search icon and type Rich . It will bring up a page displaying rich communications. Un tick that and you should never have a old number text .
0 Likes