Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who needs glasses all the time.

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 10:39 AM)
Timi Lokoson
First Poster
Options

You know how everyone who uses glasses has the lense configured in a particular way so they can see clearly. How about your phone screen acts that way. But why your screen configures itself to the exact way your eyes see things and so you don't have to wear your glasses when you want to use your phone. Just like how you can adjust the brightness level on your phone to meet a preferred spec for your eyes, you would also be able to adjust the display on your device till it gets to what's much more suitable for your eyes 

8 REPLIES 8
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
If I take my glasses off everything is out of focus. Although distance is sort of OK... glasses make it easier to see in focus.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's not really possible as each persons vision is different, how would the phone know you're vision?

I wear glasses and am long sighted and shorted if different eyes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I now have two pairs, one for distance and one for reading. It's what happens with age. I can't see a phone or tablet screen configured to a user's vision working too well. There's already enough text size and zoom, contrast, colour blindness and complete inversion options to cater for most types of vision. If you start messing with tailored vision devices end users would need very deep pockets for the sensor tech involved. Glasses or contacts remain the best option if laser treatment isn't suitable or affordable
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Amazing idea, maybe not the replace glasses but at least too say a +1.50 as most over 40 years old struggle at a normal reading distance, so even if you had single vision lens your stuck for reading, only way is expensive Varifocals.

This idea has merit, if not se fancy AI auto focus the screen, a way to tune to your eyes like the Samsung sound tuning.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That's why I got two different pairs, varifocals and bifocals are a pain in the backside. Everyone I know who got them regrets it.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A good idea.

However some sell their current phones to help accrue funds to help buy their next.

What would happen then 🤔 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Exactly, unless there was sensors and some kind of focus shift technology too in the device that could re-adjust per user it wouldn't work. Sounds extremely expensive already
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst it might seem a good idea in practice problematic . Whilst maybe not always idea as has been said there are a variety of Accessibility options. Certainly in the near future no substitute really for glasses/ contact lenses. only had glasses (mostly for reading/close up) around 5 years .  Never tried contacts though, to me seems a bit of a pain!  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes