Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who hates smooth phones that are hard to hold.

(Topic created on: 26-08-2019 12:47 PM)
PoppyAnn
Journeyman
Options

Why is it that most phone manufacturers make the case so smooth that you cannot keep hold of unless you fit a case to them which you then have to remove to get it to charge wirelessly?

Am I the only one who has a problem with dropping their phone or tablet?

I think it is time for manufacturers to provide a part of the side that is textured so we can stop dropping them. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

The reason is: Fashion trend. It looks nice which is easier to sell. That said, it can be easily compensated by a good case :smiling-face:

0 Likes
PoppyAnn
Journeyman
Options

I accept fashion helps sell the phones but I think they could get more sales by advertising they have easy grip sides just by having a textured edge to help people keep hold of them, I know several people who have decided to stay away from most modern smartphones just due to them keep dropping them, I have a friend who had just received a new Galaxy Note 8 and less than 2 minutes in her hand she dropped it it landed on its corner and cracked the screen you would think with the prices that most modern smartphones are that they could do a little market research to see what people want to see in new models, giving larger screens and batteries is all well and good but of little use if you cannot keep hold of them.

0 Likes
PoppyAnn
Journeyman
Options

The problem with that is it needs removing to get it to charge correctly which is stupid we pay a huge amount to buy a decent phone but manufacturers will not give us what we want I want a phone that I do not need a case on that I can hold in my hand without having to strain my fingers to get it to stay there just putting a knurled edge along the sides could do this without taking away from the aesthetics of the device samsung could make a feature of it stating the first phone that is easy to hold onto I bet sales would increase more to this than sales would decrease due the aesthetics of the knurled edge.

0 Likes
Pat16
Journeyman
Options

It's too ***** thin for me. I texted someone a few sentences, I dropped my phone 3 times doing so because it kept flinging out of my hands due to its being to thin. I have one hand on one side, another hand on the other side, so I can type, that tiny pressure I exude with my hands so I get  good grip, is enough to sent it flying. (They make them hard to hold on purpose btw so they can sell more when we break em)

0 Likes