Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to Samsung Upgrade + ?

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 12:58 PM)
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've been in the Upgrade + programme since my Note 10 plus, upgraded after a year to Note 20 Ultra and got a S20 5G for my wife as well. So far we're both happy with the programme and it's time to upgrade my wife's S20 5G any day now, and mine a month later.

Checked the Samsung store and saw this notice;

"Vi ser löpande över våra Upgrade+ och Trade-in erbjudanden och har beslutat att tillfälligt pausa dessa på Samsung hemsida. Vi har i dagsläget inget fastställt datum för när vi öppnar upp för liknande erbjudanden igen." 

And yes indeed, Samsung Upgrade + is removed as a purchase option, just now Klarna and direct pay as options. 

This makes me really worried, has Samsung decided to silently kill the programme by not adding new customers? 

Will this mean that they will try to get rid of us existing customers too by not offering all the latest but just one device? 

This apparently was the case for the last updated Upgrade + website I could find offering only S215G och S21 Ultra... No mention of Note, Z Flip or Z Fold devices whatsoever... 😞 😞😓😩

Anyone with more info on this?

124 REPLIES 124
Nielfink
Journeyman
Options

This is getting ridiculous - the lack of information from Samsung about this is unacceptable. We're not able to use the service we pay for, and nobody seems to be able to help or seems to care.

I am this close to cancelling my subscription, but I'm really afraid even this is going to be a problem - reading from other experiences and my experience with Samsung's lackluster support. 

@ElinH i know you wrote you would let us know when/if you had any news, but my patience is running thin. Do you have any updates? I already tried talking with support and they know nothing, and the upgrade-site is not working at all anymore. 

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately I still don't have an update on an exact date for when the Fold/Flip will be available.

Yesterday I was given this statement:

"Dear customer, we are still experiencing technical issues with our Upgrade+ program which means that Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 and Fold3 are not available for upgrade just yet. We are working hard on solving this issue and appreciate your patience. We hope you can wait a few more business days before it's been solved. Thank you in advance //Samsung"

I apologise again that this is taking so much time, and I will let you know as soon as they are available.

//Elin

// ElinH
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That is exactly what they said last week. And the week before. And the week before..... So basically they have no clue whatsoever.
0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm aware nothing has changed - sorry. But I do know that it is being worked on!

// ElinH
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah. But thanks for trying to help us @ElinH ! 😘
Toknicke
Pioneer
Options
Hi
When can I upgrade to a flip?
I am in upgrade+ program

Best regards 
Niclas Sprung 
0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Toknicke 😊

I moved your message here where the Upgrade+ program is being discussed. At the moment we are unfortunately experiencing technical issues which means that they are not available just yet. I will update as soon as they are.

//Elin

// ElinH
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Let's hope they can fix it this week, still doesn't work as of this morning. Tomorrow is my birthday, would be a nice gift if they get it working! :winking-face: 

0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Guess what, still not working. The store is still not up and running... This is. I'm without words now. 

0 Likes
Quinnq
First Poster
Options
Någon mer som har problem med upgrade+? Kan välja telefon, svara på frågorna om gamla luren, men när man ska lägga till försäkringen står det bara och tuggar.
0 Likes