Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to Samsung Upgrade + ?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 04:30 PM)
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've been in the Upgrade + programme since my Note 10 plus, upgraded after a year to Note 20 Ultra and got a S20 5G for my wife as well. So far we're both happy with the programme and it's time to upgrade my wife's S20 5G any day now, and mine a month later.

Checked the Samsung store and saw this notice;

"Vi ser löpande över våra Upgrade+ och Trade-in erbjudanden och har beslutat att tillfälligt pausa dessa på Samsung hemsida. Vi har i dagsläget inget fastställt datum för när vi öppnar upp för liknande erbjudanden igen." 

And yes indeed, Samsung Upgrade + is removed as a purchase option, just now Klarna and direct pay as options. 

This makes me really worried, has Samsung decided to silently kill the programme by not adding new customers? 

Will this mean that they will try to get rid of us existing customers too by not offering all the latest but just one device? 

This apparently was the case for the last updated Upgrade + website I could find offering only S215G och S21 Ultra... No mention of Note, Z Flip or Z Fold devices whatsoever... 😞 😞😓😩

Anyone with more info on this?

124 REPLIES 124
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Thing is people seems to have equally big trouble leaving and ending the Upgrade+, with invoices just keeping to come even if the phone is returned (if they get the return package at all)... 😞 

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hey guys! 🙂

Sorry for the radio silence since yesterday - unfortunately I don't any more updates other than that the new models will be available in Upgrade Lounge soon and that it is being dealt with. I'm really sorry to say that I don't have an exact day as we speak, but promise that I am monitoring the issue closely.

Will let you know when I have more info!

//Elin

// ElinH
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Still no solution, emailed with copy to manager I found through LinkedIn. So it get's known outside of this "upgrade shop support". I'm SO fed up now. Tried to escalate with use of Twitter and Instagram too, but to no avail. 

0 Likes
fhhh
First Poster
Options
Jag har gjort det är min diplom att du har skrivit fel
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

va?!

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Today I've been in contact with the Upgrade+ team again - and they are still working on the updates. I've been given the following statement:

"Dear customer,

At the moment we are experiencing system/technical challenges related to the Upgrade+ program, which means that our two latest phones, Z Flip3 and Z Fold3 have not yet been added to the catalog yet. We are working on finding a solutions as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

Again - apologies that this is taking time, but this is all the info we have for now. 

// ElinH
Nielfink
Journeyman
Options

Something's happening now!
I'm now able to actually choose the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3 on the upgrade portal, and click through.
Though i'm still not able to actually finish the purchase, i just dont get the option order/upgrade at the last window in the shopping basket (see picture).
If i choose another phone, i get the option to finish the order, so it seems to be only the Fold3 and Flip3 it happens with (I can see Samsung Care+ is there normally, but not when choosing Fold3/Flip3)
But it seems like something is being done about it 

@ElinH Appreciate the effort, don't know if you're the one getting things rolling, but thanks nonetheless :smiling-face:
Unavngivet2.pngUnavngivet.png

0 Likes
Nielfink
Journeyman
Options

1 step forwards - 2 steps back

Now every option has disappeared from the page, cant even choose a phone now, just says 'not in stock' 😕

Nielfink_0-1630920873517.png

0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What!?! I can see options - and now the S21 series is back (it was gone before) - but as soon as I've confirmed my current phones condition and continues, it just resets and shows; Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 11.29.35.png

0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Someone is actually developing in live production environment!? 😮 I'm amazed. 

0 Likes