Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ever happened to a true silent volume slider?

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 03:06 PM)
Mouse Rat
Student
Options

Many generations of Galaxies ago (I have an S20 now) you used to be able to hold the volume button down until it got to silent and you would have pure silence (no ring tone - no vibration) and then if you wanted a vibration you pushed the volume down again to get silent + vibration. Now the only option is ring tone or vibrate - no true silent mode

How do we get that functionality back? I DO NOT want to have to into settings, find do not disturb . . . i just want to be able to push the volume down and get not no notifications and no vibarations.

Is there a way to do that?  Thanks if you can tell me how!  

6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
In your pull down bar from the top there should be like a speaker 🔊 icon you can press it 3 times one is for ring, one is for vibrate and one is for true silent, when the icon is grey that's when it's on true silent blue is ring or vibrate, I hope this helps
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I know this isn't the same as pushing the volume button but it's the next best thing which doesn't require entering the settings
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It should be  straightforward to mute the volume from the quick Settings Menu as @AshtabS9Ultra   describes.    If there are specific times of day you wish the phone to be silent and wish to have other settings applied  you could always set up a Bixby Routine,though know it may vary.  Even if not suitable in this case examples of how Bixby Routines can be advantageous for those interested  here .  https://www.androidcentral.com/bixby-routines-best-samsung-feature-youre-not-using 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Mouse Rat
Student
Options

OK thanks.  I guess there is no longer a way to just accomplish that with the volume button any more.  I appreciate the response!

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Honestly, I wish for Samsung to implement this feature again lol, where volume down all the way has an option to become mute, instead of always using the notification bar to make the phone mute 😑.
BEYoungJr
Student
Options

Just got my Note20, replacing a Note4!

This volume slider/rocker issue needs truly solved!  All of my Galaxy phones have been able to reduce volume on the slider down to vibrate, then mute, and back up.  That ability is now gone.  Also, the slider does not even drop all of the master volume.  When I use the slider to drop volume at the home screen I still get full volume notifications.  Can't believe I have to mute on the swipe down panel or adjust notification volume independently!

Give us back the slider functionality ASAP!