Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos can no longer be posted on the forum?

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 08:53 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Hello, 

Since today I can no longer post videos on the forum, is this only me or? 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
30 REPLIES 30
AntS
Options

Thanks @Adi0! Just to confirm, does this happen on all of the boards on here, or just one or two (e.g. The Lounge board, the S22 board and so on.) If it only happens on specific boards, which ones?

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

As I've tested it, it happens on all boards, all forum, all posts I try to make etc. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @Adi0!

The Admin has tested  and looked into your account/profile and couldn’t replicate the issue or find anything that would stop you from seeing the video option from there. So, it’s pointing towards being an issue with your specific device in terms of its settings or the app settings on it.

I’m not sure what it could be though, other than possibly app permissions that’ve been changed/disabled from within the settings or by another app. 😕🤔 (A bit like when there's a prompt on a device to use something to access something only once or always, and if you pick 'always' it defaults to that from then on.)

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Still nothing. It doesn't work. There's really no fix? 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Still no help? @AntS do you maybe see if permission for my account is off, like that's why I can't post videos? 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Adi0 ,

We couldn’t find anything in your Community settings that would prevent you from seeing a video option on your device when making a post on here. 😕 And so far no one else has reported this exact issue.

This suggests the issue lies with your device – but it’s a mystery to me, as I couldn’t replicate the issue at all on mine even when I changed some of the more obvious stuff on it such as the browser access permissions. For you, it could be just either in the device itself; something in the Gallery, storage, or browser settings/permissions; a local/network update that’s done something weird; or possibly a third-party app interfering with things. It’s one of those situations where it might be best to have your phone inspected in person, or have a Tech Support agent remotely access it (if that's available where you are) to see what might be going on.

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

How is your reply in the middle of other replies?

I'm using it through the web browser and none of them allow it. I'm from Croatia, maybe that's why? It has worked for 2 years and suddenly stopped. Also this forum doesn't support Heic, I have to turn them to jpg. 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Since others don't know what's up, me as a user had to do this. 

I've opened this page in mobile browser in desktop mode and it's showing video upload: 

Screenshot_20230220_224647_Chrome.jpg

But it's showing preview of " From my gallery " there's no pop-up to open gallery and select:  

Screenshot_20230220_224622_Chrome.jpg

I'm convinced there's issue with the forum. 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

@AntS  here, I can upload videos through the desktop view but only from my community. They also look awful in the preview. So strange. Screenshot_20230302_170650_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Adi0 , Indeed. It's not your ability to post videos that's the issue, but rather the ability to upload them from your device's storage. It’s as if the entire video library on your device itself has suddenly become inaccessible for uploading (e.g. the video library is stored somewhere 'hidden' or externally to the device; or a browser access permission has been changed/broken). 😕

Do you know if you’re still able to upload videos stored on your device to other websites using the same browsers as you do here?

0 Likes