Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos can no longer be posted on the forum?

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 08:53 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Hello, 

Since today I can no longer post videos on the forum, is this only me or? 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
30 REPLIES 30
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

@AntS I still can't see videos in my gallery to post to forum - so forum won't let me to post videos. I'm on a web browser mobile. 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Do you try to use the app or the website? If you are using the app you might wish to try to upload a video though the website 🙂 

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Mobile web. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Adi0 

As we know videos have never shown up on the forum until moderated.

Basically a person could submit a video but would only show as an arrow in a box but wouldn't play until moderated.

However from what your saying there appears to have been a forum permissions change.

Let one of the Team here catch up with your thread so they can submit this query to the Team who I assume perform the actual changes to the forum format.

If you can add any relevant screenshot in the meantime that may help.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Adi0 ,

I can't replicate this one. 😕

I know that you usually use Chrome on your mobile, but I can’t access the Community via Chrome on a UK mobile device, as it defaults to the Members app each time. But the option for video uploads appears, and video uploads all work fine for me from my Members app and Samsung Internet on my S10, and from Chrome on a PC – and all tested using the non-moderator account I have.

Does the same thing happen on the Samsung Internet browser for you? I’ve added some screenshots to show how I get the video upload option on that.

When making a post click on the 'picture' icon:

Screenshot_20221206-092444_Samsung Internet.jpg

Which brings up this "Choose an action" option menu:

Screenshot_20221206-092451_Android System.jpg

Clicking on 'My Files' takes me to this screen:

Screenshot_20221206-092528_My Files.jpg

And selecting 'Videos' take me to this one, which allows to me to select the videos to put into my post by tapping on the videos and then pressing 'Done':

Screenshot_20221206-092534_My Files.jpg

Or, by clicking 'Files' on the "Choose an action" screen, it takes me to this:

Screenshot_20221206-092601_Files.jpg

I tap on 'Videos' on the top menu there, and I can select the video I want to put in my post by tapping on it.

If it’s still happening on the Samsung Internet browser, then, as SjorsK says, if you have access to a PC try it from there as it will help further narrow down where the issue is. If you’re having the same issue on a PC then that suggests it’s an account/profile thing. If it works fine from a PC then that suggests it’s more of a mobile device/mobile device browser thing.

Let us know how it goes. 

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

I've followed everything but same as on Chrome, Samsung internet doesn't show my videos in any way I enter, here it doesn't even show a " Videos " category.

To enter into the Chrome or other search without being redirected to the members app tap and hold on the search result for samsung forums and " Open in a new or group tab ". 

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

So the issue is that I can't even Submit the video, I don't have an option to post videos, the forum doesn't allow any from any source from my device. 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Also another tiring bug, hwne I log in I don't log in and I have to press something or refresh the page so I'm finally in after 2 times.. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks @Adi0!

I followed your advice and was able to try it on Chrome on my mobile.

Screenshot_20221209-092649_Chrome.jpg

Clicking the 'picture' icon I get:

Screenshot_20221209-091800_Chrome.jpg

And then clicking on 'Browse' I get:

Screenshot_20221209-091823_Files.jpg

Scrolling across that top menu with my finger right to left and clicking 'Videos' I get:

Screenshot_20221209-091830_Files.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's odd that you suddenly don't have that option. Plus there's the login issue you mention. 🤔 I'm assuming you've done the usual cache and data clearing (of the apps in question, and possibly booting the device into Recovery Mode and clearing the cache partition).

I think that if you were able to try it on another device (e.g. PC)  and it happens on there it would point towards it being a strange account/profile issue rather than something going on with your phone (e.g. another app on your phone somehow causing the weirdness). There's nothing in your profile settings that I can access that shows anything odd, but I can escalate it to the Admin to see if they can access something I can't.

Have you sent any error reports with log files and any accompanying evidence (e.g. screenshots or videos) showing the issue via the Members app for these issues?

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

I haven't, how will Members app fix Samsung forum issue? . Please do let know Admins know this issue. And whoom can I send forum ideas?

Now when I follow steps you've provided, it also doesn't show anything but pictures. 

1000013418.jpg

+ Chrome opens this when I want to add media: 

Screenshot_20221215_043808_Media Storage.jpg

instead of this:  

Screenshot_20221215_044100_Android System.jpg

0 Likes