Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a guardian to find my phone

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 04:08 AM)
Members_WYFNIVc
First Poster
Options

Hi There

I had a close call today when I lost my phone in Sainsburys [note to self, do not use the shop & scan app again].  I was very lucky in that it was found and I got it back - big phew.

I have now logged into my account and set a guardian who if I lose my phone again can use the guardian feature to trace, ring and turn on emergency mode.

Just 1 problem, I have messaged my friend and asked her to try it out and ring my phone, she has logged into her samsung account and gone to find my phone but my phone isn't listed under devices.

Does anyone know how the guardian is able to track a lost phone?  I tried live chat who initially told me that my friend would need to log in with my email address and password and only double checked when I raised a concern at being advised to give out my password!

Many thanks

Debby

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
yes you are one very very lucky person and be grateful for the person that found it was a decent person just put it down to a lesson learnt and start using their own handheld barcode scanner
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
two methods of track my phone when you lose it or potentially stolen one with Samsung and one with Google the thing about the Google one is it's much more accessible for you you you can just use under the person's device go to your account on Google track my phone just Samsung require two step verification but signing into the Samsung account which is not the greatest I mean how can you have a mobile number two to receive a text if you buy a tablet that's the only Wi-Fi only don't want a mobile phone that's why they bought a Wi-Fi tablet but can't log into her Samsung account because they have not a mobile phone number looking into how the Google one works
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
it looks similar to that track my device will get you up and running

Screenshot_20210304-040818_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
KavtyaMahakal
First Poster
Options

I had similar experience and was on Samsung support chat for hours yesterday. Seems like everyone knows how to set it up but no one knows how it works. They suggest to log in FindMyMobile and lock the phone on which you are set as guardian. Only issue is the phone won't show up in your account. Then they keep on insisting to just use Google's FindMyPhone. The guardian feature is still a mystery and if it doesn't work then seems like false advertising.

0 Likes
willnottellyou
First Poster
Options

Yes, this was a bit of a shock.  We all have galaxy devices, so I decided that everyone should be able to locate each other- Setting up guardian mode was simple enough, enter samsung acc details, verify. All devices are now listed in left bottom corner of my account, but nothing happens when I select a device other than my own.

So this kind of works but in reality it does not which is disappointing- has anyone worked out why? All phones are running latest soft and all updates are installed.

0 Likes
Tyron15
First Poster
Options

You have to sign into the same samsung account you used on your lost phone 

0 Likes