Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Rankings 👈

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 03:43 PM)
Lykia
MegaStar
Options

After updating the German list, the UK one is finished also now.

"So enjoy the new colors and rankings". 😂

New Member 🍾

Just Browsing👨‍💻👩‍💻

Observer👀

Back for More 🛬🎉🎊

Overseer 👀

Smooth Operator ⚙
First Poster✍
Apprentice👨‍🎓👨‍🎓
Explorer👩‍🔬👨‍🔬

Navigator🧭🏅

Pathfinder🕵️‍

Voyager🚴‍♂️

Helping Hand 🤝💪
Troubleshooter👈
Hotshot🔥🔫

Big Cheese🧀🧀

Black Belt 🥋

Maestro👨‍⚖👩‍⚖

Mastermind🧞‍♂️ 

GrandMaster 🥵

Legend🦸‍♂️🦸‍♀️

Superuser

•Bades1978

•BandOfBrothers

•James4578

•John4Oh

•Leon24xxx

•Cassidy007 (French) 🥖👨‍🍳

• Sjorsk (Dutch)

•Et l'i.diot allemand "NsProd" 🙃

Superuser  (All are from other countries, no English ones 😂)

•AndroidGuru (Czech)

•danitudi971 (Italian)

•Libb (Czech)

Superuser

•This rank isn't given to anyone in the UK Community yet

Mod 💎

• AndrewL 

•AsadM

•CarlH

•CarloL

•ChrisM

DannyT

•SaudA

•TessM

•Sam_UK

•EmmaS

•DaveM7

•KellyM

•KirstyG

•TomF

•TracyR

Half Community Manager 💎💎 

@AntS 

Community Manager 💎💎🎯

•SachikoT

•Discover

European Community Manager:

• YulianK

• ShaneB

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

mm interesting:face-with-tears-of-joy: that is why i was not explaining to myself how from black belt i jumped to superuser 3:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Actually normally how does it works? Do you have to hit legend and than what?

Just curiosity nothing more i am more inclined personally if possible to refuse that badge if that implies having a time to spend obligation

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
😂😂
It doesn't matter which ranking you have to get Su.
-You'll have to have a specific amount of Solutions
-You have to be nice to people
-You have to be active
-You have to hold you to the guidelines of the community

Although it starts DEFINETLY with Su1.
Not Su3 😂.

As I got Su1 I got a congratulations message from a moderator and that rocket.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Lykia wrote:
😂😂
It doesn't matter which ranking you have to get Su.
-You'll have to have a specific amount of Solutions
-You have to be nice to people
-You have to be active
-You have to hold you to the guidelines of the community

Although it starts DEFINETLY with Su1.
Not Su3 😂.

As I got Su1 I got a congratulations message from a moderator and that rocket.

mm fine i am usually nice with users:face-with-tears-of-joy: well lol i hope it start from one not from 3:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Have a nice evening

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Well, the accidental superuser 3 promotions also hit me :winking-face:

To add to @Lykia:
After quickly looking at your profile I'm sure that you got the attention for a potential promotion. The actual requirements really depends on the judgement for the local community manager, for example I'm a so called "engagement" superuser (So I am told) and not an "answer" superuser. While another superuser in my country is a pure "solution" superuser (And a great guy! :smiling-face: ).

To dismiss some myths and give advice :smiling-face:
- There is no strict activity requirement to "stay" a superuser. The idea is however that you regularly visit the community. Some superusers have one post a day, others ten. Both are fine :smiling-face:
- Quality is more important than quantity! If you make guides and/or reviews or articles it definitely contributes to the livelyhood of the community. A "quality" post is of course "worth" more than a regular post in the community.
- Show appreciation to awesome people, and give a like. So if you appreciate something simply press the button :smiling-face: If not, don't - Its up to you (Just don't do it for the sake of it :winking-face: ).
- Being critical is OK! - This might sound weird but superusers are allowed to be critical or even angry at some times. As long it's constructive and reasonable (And issues can of course be solved). It's not like we have to be all happy at all times :winking-face: Constructive feedback allows Samsung to become better as a company, which will in the end be beneficial to everyone.
- Ask for feedback - It's always a good to ask for feedback about your post style, or to let someone review a post of you to ask if it's alright (In my case, it always was). Fun fact, I actually got more critical responses from a specific dutch superuser than the community managers/moderators that I might be "too critical". Whenever you think you are simply ask. Be open for improvement. Until now I have always received the answer that my messages where alright :smiling-face:
- Be friendly to others. - A basic thumb rule is to be friendly to others.
- Be trustable - Superusers tend to get more information in.... Things :winking-face: Be mindful of what information you share with others if you get it though private channels. Especially (!) when posting publicly.
- Be active - But quality is also important :smiling-face:
- Attend events! If you get invited to an event simply come :smiling-face: It's far more likely to get promoted if they know you in person and know what "drives" you :smiling-face: My first event was the IFA2018 Superuser event as a non-superuser, which felt slightly weird considering everyone was called superusers and we where asked to give wishlists for superusers... So I was like "Sooo.... What would I request if I was a superuser" :')
- There are "regular" superuser reviews in the background, the most important thing is that you are "qualified" at the moment of the review. During the review basically any of the points I state in this post might be evaluated.
- Be a Samsung Fan - Speaks for itself :smiling-face:
- Uphold the guidelines - And if you are unsure, simply ask for feedback :smiling-face:
- Be honest :smiling-face: Nothing is worse than fake appreciation. :winking-face: If you say something it's best to mean it :smiling-face:
- Be engaged - Participate in discussions and keep the community alive :smiling-face:

This one might sound weird, but I actually recommend -against- asking for a promotion. Even though in your case with your activity I understand where it comes from :smiling-face:

Some personal character traits are also helpful to get there:
- Willingnness to assist others
- Being (constructively critical :smiling-face: )
- Being open, yet discrete.
- Being friendly

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Ok thank you for you detailed answer! Did not want you to loose all that time but thank you very much.

Well it looks like that i meet all requirements except the one about being critical mi critisicm is never appreciated so sad, plus 4 or 5 recalls for going out of the community guidlines due to software procedures. Looks like that at most i will get is a ban soon or after lol.

Have a nice evening mate!

SjorsK
Maestro
Options
No worries, I'm happy to assist 😁

Being critical isn't an issue that disqualifies you, as long as it's constructive 😉 And as a client it's of course your right to be concerned or angry if you have issues with the costumer service.

To give an example about good criticism and bad criticism (With a fictional issue).

Good: I'm disappointed that my S20 always shuts off at 50% battery life.
Bad: The battery of the S20 sucks. How dare they to sell a phone that crashes all the time.

Once again this is a pure fictional issue, the first case clearly explains the issue and allows Samsung to address it. While the second one serves nothing but spreading negativity.

In both cases it would most likely end up being a warranty case though. 😊

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@SjorsK wrote:
No worries, I'm happy to assist 😁

Being critical isn't an issue that disqualifies you, as long as it's constructive 😉 And as a client it's of course your right to be concerned or angry if you have issues with the costumer service.

To give an example about good criticism and bad criticism (With a fictional issue).

Good: I'm disappointed that my S20 always shuts off at 50% battery life.
Bad: The battery of the S20 sucks. How dare they to sell a phone that crashes all the time.

Once again this is a pure fictional issue, the first case clearly explains the issue and allows Samsung to address it. While the second one serves nothing but spreading negativity.

In both cases it would most likely end up being a warranty case though. 😊

Yeah i get it:smiling-face: i always try to give arguments to my criticism in order to help improve future products.

Sometimes I sound rude or uncollarborative though

SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Yeah that might have been the issue. But at least you know what to improve, don't be discouraged :winking-face:
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User Great points detailed by @SjorsK ,  I feel  that members are more likely  to  be promoted if they are friendly, informative, helpful  and generally a fan of Samsung.  :smiling-face:   That though does not prevent you being critical when it is warranted, I find in fact that constructive criticsm is welcome.    When there are specific issues they need to be adressed and it is in Samsung's interests to engage.  Not essential but having a sense of humour tends to be a plus,though we are all different personalities.   Being a good communicator (such as when explaining  technical terms  in plainer  language to those who may have not  the same knowledge is an advantage)

Certainly it is good to be a regular contributor but agree that the quality of posts is more important.

Superusers as they are not employed by the company can be by nature a bit more independent.    Certainly it is much more helpful when you can back claims up and it is best not to be too aggressive , fine to disagree with other members but avoid making it personal.   You may need to be direct on occasions  but think that is a bit different from being unpleasant (though some members may make you a bit angry from time to time):winking-face:  It is important to adhere to the guidelines of the community, though people are here to help if in doubt).    

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@Anonymous User Great points detailed by @SjorsK ,  I feel  that members are more likely  to  be promoted if they are friendly, informative, helpful  and generally a fan of Samsung.  :smiling-face:   That though does not prevent you being critical when it is warranted, I find in fact that constructive criticsm is welcome.    When there are specific issues they need to be adressed and it is in Samsung's interests to engage.  Not essential but having a sense of humour tends to be a plus,though we are all different personalities.   Being a good communicator (such as when explaining  technical terms  in plainer  language to those who may have not  the same knowledge is an advantage)

Certainly it is good to be a regular contributor but agree that the quality of posts is more important.

Superusers as they are not employed by the company can be by nature a bit more independent.    Certainly it is much more helpful when you can back claims up and it is best not to be too agressive , fine to diagree with other members but avoid but avoid making it personal.   You may need to be direct on ocassions  but think that is a bit different from being unpleasant (though some members may make you a bit angry from time to time):winking-face:  It is important to adhere to the guidelines of the community, though people are here to help if in doubt).    

Yeah i get that.

My main problem in the other community in which I write that i often have the staff raging at me for sometimes posting "non so good for samsung" links which i use to support my claims or give a detailed insight on something when asked about technical things and so they get removed; i cannot refer to multiple real benchmark data like Speedtest G and i have to specify that it is unofficial even if it is not enough sometimes. I also get replies banned if they say critical things for example: Q:The android 10 update removed the possibility without notice   A: yes i lost functionality and my dad has lost too lucily i managed to recover the function. I want to specify that i have nothing against the staff but with this samsung policy, which is for me at the current point unacceptable, since such changes need to be written in the changelog to make the user aware of that an potentially not update. I am really angry about this and for me it is straight unacceptable, the policy must be changed.

Result: reply canceled and mod raging at me for being disrespectuful.

Add to that the fact that if a user ask a question about downgrade i redirect him to xda or reply to the question if it is just technical and no guide needed, going this way out of the community guidelines and the promotion is ... a ban sometime in the future:shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

I think that this 2 things are the only i am doing "wrong" from a community guidelines perspective but from my point of view expressing my displeasure when needed or advising users about things that are out of the community guidelines but in their interest to avoid them brick the phone or not being able to recover the function is more important than having to deal with raging mods. I put myself in a consumer perspective and i try to act in their interest maybe not always in the best way but i try as hard as i can to do respect the community guidelines and help users when possibile. Sometimes however "manomission" procedures are the only thing which you can advise to a user which is in a condition like i either downgrade or buy a new phone, if i brick it was worth a shot before buyning a brand new one.

This few things have once had someone of the staff call me always uncollaborative and i did not like that at all but let it slip. Being deemed uncollaborative when i spend sometimes an hour writing a custom comparison every single time someone asks advice about which device they should buy between few choices, constantly spotting fake sd cards to those who have sd card problems, writing custom guides for specific more "wide interest" problems as replies and being at 11pm for 1 hour on the pc trying to troubleshoot a smartswitch update fail to get the device reflash and run for me is anything but uncollaborative.

Guess i will have to stick with the uncollaborative hothead tag for the rest of my samsung community activity.

0 Likes