Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Rankings 👈

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 07:25 AM)
Lykia
MegaStar
Options

After updating the German list, the UK one is finished also now.

"So enjoy the new colors and rankings". 😂

New Member 🍾

Just Browsing👨‍💻👩‍💻

Observer👀

Back for More 🛬🎉🎊

Overseer 👀

Smooth Operator ⚙
First Poster✍
Apprentice👨‍🎓👨‍🎓
Explorer👩‍🔬👨‍🔬

Navigator🧭🏅

Pathfinder🕵️‍

Voyager🚴‍♂️

Helping Hand 🤝💪
Troubleshooter👈
Hotshot🔥🔫

Big Cheese🧀🧀

Black Belt 🥋

Maestro👨‍⚖👩‍⚖

Mastermind🧞‍♂️ 

GrandMaster 🥵

Legend🦸‍♂️🦸‍♀️

Superuser

•Bades1978

•BandOfBrothers

•James4578

•John4Oh

•Leon24xxx

•Cassidy007 (French) 🥖👨‍🍳

• Sjorsk (Dutch)

•Et l'i.diot allemand "NsProd" 🙃

Superuser  (All are from other countries, no English ones 😂)

•AndroidGuru (Czech)

•danitudi971 (Italian)

•Libb (Czech)

Superuser

•This rank isn't given to anyone in the UK Community yet

Mod 💎

• AndrewL 

•AsadM

•CarlH

•CarloL

•ChrisM

DannyT

•SaudA

•TessM

•Sam_UK

•EmmaS

•DaveM7

•KellyM

•KirstyG

•TomF

•TracyR

Half Community Manager 💎💎 

@AntS 

Community Manager 💎💎🎯

•SachikoT

•Discover

European Community Manager:

• YulianK

• ShaneB

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
79 REPLIES 79
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

If there are issues with moderations the best way to handle it is to contact a moderator in private and ask for feedback. In the case of the UK forum @AntS is definitely the way to go.

The response I get for my critical or "not so positive for Samsung" topics/posts and ask for feedback it is usually along those lines: 

===============

Hi Sjors! 

No worries, as long it's constructive we will allow it on our community, we can use the feedback to improve :smiling-face: 

Kind regards,

<Insert name>

===============

And yeah, flashing is against the UK guidelines (Not against the ones in my native country though). Usually I tend to avoid that very topic unless it's specefically mentioned. But that's more because of the risks involved with flashing your phone and I prefer to warn people about that. 

Besides, if someone upgrades I'm more interested into the parts they do not like about the updates to allow it to be addressed in the future (Samsung is quite receptive about those things) :smiling-face: 

That said, if you have some issues with the mods you can always send me a message in private if you wish to have some feedback in regard some of your posts. :smiling-face: 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

i will keep you in mind if i need advice. Thank you all for your time

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst the guidelines may not meet with universal approval a reason for particular decisions.  For instance in the case of flashes risks involved and the expertise of community members vary.    It is ok to say that information can be found on the internet but clearly detailed instructions should only be provided by private  message in Uk community  and not publicly.   Any issue you have with moderator decisions  should likewise be addressed privately.

On question of tone I think I would avoid saying something "must be done",  "needs to be addressed" is a bit more diplomatic.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

Whilst the guidelines may not meet with universal approval a reason for particular decisions.  For instance in the case of flashes risks involved and the expertise of community members vary.    It is ok to say that information can be found on the internet but clearly detailed instructions should only be provided by private  message in Uk community  and not publicly.   Any issue you have with moderator decisions  should likewise be addressed privately.

On question of tone I think I would avoid saying something "must be done",  "needs to be addressed" is a bit more diplomatic.

Hi james thank you for this other piece of advice, the more the better.

I never guide a downgrade via community step by step but i usually redirect them over one of my friends at xda if i have no time or if i have time i use the private messages for q&a about flashing first then i try to seek out whether a flash is strictly necessary and if the person is capable of it. If the 2 conditions above are met i send them a bunch of material for them to read and learn before and then if they still feel conmfortable in doing it i offer (for free i do not want it to sound that i charge money for that) direct assistance during the whole flash procedure, i taught 60ish people how to flash on xda and no one ever failed a flash with me because the most important thing for me is for them not to brick their device and not trip knox in any way and that is why i do all that preparation and then support before instead of staying just install odin it is easy.

About the must and should be addressed, i translated what i wrote in italian but i admit that i would have wrote for sure must which results harsher but with no will to be harsh.

Thank you for your tips!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

🛬Smooth Operator

Carlos sainz confirmed😂 also in red it must not be a coincidence.

Sorry i had to write this😅

0 Likes
Spectrum
Pioneer
Options
👩‍🔬👨‍🔧👨‍💻
0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options

Updated the list with few more ranks. 😁

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ