Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade program not as advertised

(Topic created on: 16-04-2021 09:42 AM)
GrahamPursey
Apprentice
Options

Having called support seems like I have to wait for 13 months rather than the advertised 12 months on the web site to be able to get a phone upgrade as part of the upgrade program. Asked for someone to call me back on this but never got one.

Be aware Samsung support is really bad and you won't get your upgrade as advertised.

11 REPLIES 11
Smaily
Apprentice
Options
Waiting for S20+5g Android 11 update. Everywhere in world has it except UK? Wot is going on?
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Here's all the info on the android 11 update.

clipboard_image_1618430016603_1618430016603.jpg

0 Likes
Smaily
Apprentice
Options
Have seen this before. But no update on my phone through O2?
0 Likes
Smaily
Apprentice
Options
Just checked with online expert- update is known to crash s20+, so delayed at present. Update expected now in July/August 2021! Totally crazy. Never had this trouble when I had a Huawei mobile!
0 Likes
NinjaRanga
Voyager
Options
I had exactly the same problem Graham. Sent email back and forth, with customer service passing my messages on the the 'internal team' whoever they are. Initially they just repeated that my upgrade date was 13 months after purchase and then quoted the terms and conditions at me to say I needed to make 12 payments. I told them I had, so they replied that they had contacted Klarna who told them payment was taken on the 5th of the month and my first payment was 5th May 20 so I could not upgrade until after 5th May 21. I then pointed out the simple error in their maths and that April was the 12th payment! I included screenshots from my bank and Klarna with numbers next to each payment to show 12 installments had been paid to make it very clear and told them that if I had to abide by the terms and conditions, so must they. A few days later I got a push notification to say my upgrade window was open and yesterday I ordered a new phone.
Keep at them and insist that they have to stick to their own terms and conditions - if we do as customers, I don't see why they shouldn't!
0 Likes
GrahamPursey
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Ninja very helpful to know they are trying this on others too.

Latest call they say I have to call Klarna to get the upgrade. Spoke to them and they said not true and they have been having a lot of issues with Samsung.

I'm going to raise to trading standards since Samsung are trying to avoid upgrading users. 

NinjaRanga
Voyager
Options
They told me exactly the same with Klarna as well, so I did a chat via the Klarna app, took a screenshot and sent them that too! Leave them with no choice! Good luck and I think I might speak to Trading Standards as well.
0 Likes
NinjaRanga
Voyager
Options
They told me exactly the same with Klarna as well, so I did a chat via the Klarna app, took a screenshot and sent them that too! Leave them with no choice! Good luck and I think I might speak to Trading Standards as well as I think they are trying to reduce their payment by making customers pay more.
0 Likes
GrahamPursey
Apprentice
Options

Case raised. The more that raise complaints the better. 

0 Likes