Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade+ | FAQs

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 01:11 PM)
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Are you one of the people who enjoy having the latest in tech? Who wants to try out a new phone every time one is being released? Then look no further! Upgrade+ is Samsung's own upgrade program (SE, NO, DK). By paying a monthly fee, you gain the opportunity to upgrade to the latest phone every 12 months.

What is Upgrade+?

Samsung Upgrade+ is the future of mobile ownership. The program allows you to always have the latest mobile phone from Samsung while we take care of the details - all for a low monthly cost and 0% interest.

• Upgrade whenever you want after 12 months
  • Pay a fixed, interest free monthly fee
  • Cancel the program whenever you want, while we guarantee you a residual value.

How does it work?

1. Pick - choose your new phone and add it to your shopping chart together with Care+Choose upgrade as your payment option.
  2. Pay per month - the cost is divided into monthly payments (the number of months depending on which country you live in).
  3. Upgrade - upgrade to a new Galaxy whenever you want after 12 months of purchase by returning your old phone to us. And no need to worry - your new phone will also be insured.
  4. Repeat - Samsung Upgrade+ gives you the opportunity to always have the latest phone from Samsung, and the freedom to choose when you want to upgrade, after month 12 and before month 24.

What is included?

• Samsung Care+ - With Samsung Care+ your phone is protected against accidental damage. You can rest assured that if an accident happens, your phone will be repaired with genuine Samsung parts by an authorized service center. We built your phone - we know how to fix it.
  • Upgrade+ - Opportunity to upgrade to a new phone every 12 months.

FAQs

If you can't find answers to your questions on the above pages, feel free to put it in the comment section and we will get back to you with an answer 😊

// ElinH
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
OverWatcher
Pioneer
Options

Curious if there are customers who have issues with Upgrade+ not working in Sweden. I was about to pull the trigger for two phones, but I got very concerned when reading posts on a different forum. There are about 24 pages and most of them deal with problems arising for your Upgrade+ program:

- Return box to ship your phone never arrives or takes forever

- Brightstar - the 3rd party company that is supposed to check the phone before accepting the return can not communicate with Samsung and  phones never get logged as received

- SevenDays bank - which is the credit giver for Upgrade+ can not cancel the outstanding credit, even after the phone has been received and keeps sending bills or still has a debt which never gets cancelled.

Several customers have claimed that they have spent a lot of time contacting both Samsung, Brightstar and Seven Days bank, being promised that this would get sorted without success. Some have been at it for over 2 months (!)

For the full story, see:

https://swedroid.se/forum/threads/samsung-upgrade-uppgradera-telefon-var-12-e-manad.171779/page-24 

So my question, to cut the chase - is this a common issue? Is Samsung aware of this? Has this been resolved / being resolved?

Thanks!

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @OverWatcher 👋

You have identified a problem that we are aware of, and we are working on making the process better. I will explain to you a little further how it all works and where the issues usually arise, but first I will consolidate with my colleague over at e-commerce so that I give you the correct info. Stay tuned! 😊

// ElinH
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi again @OverWatcher 😊

I apologise for the delay in replying. I have now been in contact with my colleague who is responsible for Upgrade+ and she has given me some information on the issue. This will be posted on SweClockers as well to give the users there an update.

First of all, we are very sorry for the delays that some customers have experienced during the upgrade process. When a phone is returned, a cancellation notice should be sent to cancel the credit. Because of covid-19 and lockdown, this notice was delayed from one of our partners. This problem has now been solved and future customers of the service can expect smooth upgrades.

We have also closed the credit for those customers who have already returned their phones. The customers who had to pay more than 12 monthly payments because of the issue have now been refunded. In some cases, it might look like you still have an open credit on “my pages” at the bank, but the information on “my pages” will be updated during next week.

The return kits/boxes that are used to return you old phone after ordering an “upgrade-phone” are now being sent out together with the new phone to fix the issue with the delays of the return box.

I hope this clarifies things and that it ensures you that we are working to address the issues you have mentioned above. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to customer support. Have a great weekend!

//Elin

// ElinH
0 Likes
Martin G
First Poster
Options

Now the Upgrade+ cannot be utilized by a customer at all. I've made more than 12 payments as per requirement and I'm stuck unable to either cancel nor upgrade my program. Contacted customer service twice and they have got no clue what's going on, saying that other customers cannot do anything with the Upgrade+ either, and tell me to just wait. 

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hey @Martin G 

I will send you a private message to ask for more info so that I can look into this for you 😊

// ElinH
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Here is a little update if other customers are facing the issue of not being able to upgrade through the upgrade lounge, or haven't received their upgrade email 😊

Before receiving your upgrade email, and to be able to order a new phone through Upgrade Lounge, 12 monthly payments from your first invoice must have been paid.

The first invoice is sent out the month after the date of your order. Meaning that if you ordered a phone in March 2020, your first invoice was sent out in April 2020, resulting in the upgrade email being sent out in April 2021.

You will automatically receive an email when you are eligible for an upgrade - and if you haven't, feel free to contact me and I will look into your order 🤞

// ElinH
Options

There are still big problems when you have to change phone or end the upgrade + service. Brightstar has a hard time sending out return packaging and when it does, they have sent with already used return slips so the post offices cannot receive the package when sending the phone back. And because you can not send in your old phone, the invoices from sevenday.se continue to come ..

I strongly advise others to not sign up for Samsung upgrade+ unless you like to call samsung / sevenday.se several times for help. Brightstar has had a phone number but there they have stopped answering.

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi Daniel! It sounds like you've experienced quite a bit of trouble - sorry to hear this. If you want I can escalate this for you, and would need you to send me your details via private message and I will look further into your specific case 😊

// ElinH
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So I'm now on my second phone through upgrade +, first one was a note 10 plus, and now I have a note 20 ultra - so far so good, I'm counting down to August/september when I should be able to upgrade again! The question is; have you added Z fold2 to the upgrade + phones? I would LOVE to test out a folding phone! (Maybe there will be a Z fold 3 in September :winking-face: )
0 Likes