Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Update firmware for Samsung G5 Odysssey C34G55

(Topic created on: 13-03-2023 08:14 PM)
Bohdan_I
First Poster
Options

Hello. I bought a new monitor and ran into a problem. The monitor does not turn off when the computer is turned off. Type: LC34G55TWWIXCI Software version: M-T5534GCPA-1003.0

I have another such monitor but with firmware version 1002.4 and there is no such problem. Please help with updating the firmware to the old version or the new one.

74 REPLIES 74
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Prav8 

Thank you for reaching out! I would need some more information from you to be able to double check, I will send you a PM 😊

/Emmi
0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Prav8 

Thanks for notifying us! You are right, we have linked to the wrong one on the UK pages, and will correct this. Meanwhile, here is the latest FW 😊

/Emmi
Vanheelsing
Explorer
Options

Hello @Emmi S my model is the: LC34G55TWWUXEN

I installed the version from this topic (M-T5534GCPA-1005.3[E230]) and now my monitor when switching input source or coming up from sleep starts cycling solid colors (Green, White, Black, etc) and i am forced to unplug it from the outlet for it to recover... Mind you this ony started after i did the update.

0 Likes
VitorMach
First Poster
Options

Did you fix this?

I have an LC34G55TWWLXZD with firmware M-T5534GCPA-1001.1. I was gonna update to see it fixes at least some of the many issues this monitor has. But your post scared me a bit.

0 Likes
VitorMach
First Poster
Options

Did you install it? Does it work with no issues?

I have the same model code, curious to know your feedback before I proceed with it.

0 Likes
Vanheelsing
Explorer
Options

No, still having this issue after the update, it's not major in the sense that is allways happening but it does happen some times

0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Vanheelsing 

Hm it is nothing we have got reports about before, but I would suggest you to try a reset. Menu - Support/Reset All (same menu that you start the update from).

If it does not work then contact our support to see what is going on 🤔

/Emmi
0 Likes
VitorMach
First Poster
Options

Is there a changelog to these updates?

I would rather not risk doing the procedure if there's no evidence it will fix at least some of my issues with the monitor (there are quite a few of them).

0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi again @Vanheelsing what firmwire did you have before installing this one? 

(And the pattern and colors you are talking about can be a test pattern, that appears when you press the JOG button for +5 sec)

/Emmi
0 Likes
Vanheelsing
Explorer
Options

I can't totally recall... But it was something like 1000.3

Small update today when it started the color cycle i hold the power button a few seconds and the color rotation changed to blue and other, i kept holding the button it shut down and whent back to displaying my normal screen

0 Likes