Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upgrade

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 08:32 PM)
Members_mkMi8J0
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm a customer of Samsung Upgrade Programme, and had the worst experience communicating with Samsung Support who cannot read and don't help at all.

I have purchased my current phone 1st May 2020, so due an upgrade 1st May 2021. The Lounge is showing I'm eligible on 16th June which makes it 13.5 months and not 12 months as advertised. Samsung confirmed I am eligible. But they will not amend the date, or upgrame me manually.

So I am sat complaining to various institutions. Most unhelpful service, awful company!!!

Has anyone got anywhere with Upgrading at 12 months?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SemiatT
Explorer
Options
Yes I got my upgrade exactly 12 months, although are the beginning it say I can't upgrade because I wasn't eligible.

After 1 week I checked and I was able to upgrade.

I bought my old phone on the 1st of April 2020 and on the 1st of April 2021 I checked and it say eligible to upgrade from 15th of May 2021, so on the 21th of April I checked again and I was able to upgrade and ordered for new phone on that same day and got it delivered the next day.

And as I am speaking to you my old upgrade is now clear and closed.
Members_mkMi8J0
Apprentice
Options

This didn't work for me, as upgrade date was continuing to show as 6 weeks in the future. After a lot of back and forth with Samsung (totally useless support, literally dozens of hours spent on this), I managed to prove that I made 12 monthly payments and my upgrade date was updated to today (2 weeks after it should've been but ok). When I try to enter the Upgrade Lounge, the portal is giving the error message ( technical difficulties). Needless to say, Support have not even looked into it, forget resolving the IT issue...

Still no upgrade several weeks in. Total CON, I will not recomment Samsung Upgrade Programme to anyone and discourage all to participate. It's very badly managed and the support staff are the worst I've come across. 

0 Likes
Alternet
Student
Options
I think the Samsung upgrade Program is not accurate. I also couldn't upgrade at 12 months. It looks like it's 2wks after your 12th Direct Debit payments. Which as you said is 13 and a bit months.
0 Likes