10-05-2021 09:36 PM in
Hello everyone. I live in Sweden and have a problem I can’t seem to get sorted. As I’m sure many of you know a few weeks back we sadly got forced upon us some app called TV plus. I did not sign up for or download this myself but alas I still got it and I just can’t seem to get rid of it.
I’ve tried removing all the channels through the settings etc but it still starts.
My main concern is that the app basically has ruined another app, called SVT Play. Whenever I try and start the app TV plus starts instead. I’ve tried getting help from SVT but obviously they shift the blame on Samsung and rightly so.
is there anyone that has had the same issue and managed to solve it. Would greatly appreciate help with this and if this is the wrong forum I would love to get some pointers as to who I should contact.
thanks in advance!
17-05-2021 12:57 PM in
Hi Nimdro! Let's try and get this sorted for you. What steps have you taken so far?
If you go on the TV Plus app and then choose "Delete (ta bort in Swedish)", you should get an option to deactivate the app. Choose the deactivate (avaktivera) option. The app will still be seen but it won't be active.
Let me know how this goes!
21-05-2021 08:44 AM - last edited 21-05-2021 08:46 AM
I aslo experience the problem Nimdro describes and sorry to say but your fix does not seem to help.
When choosing the Tv+ app there is only a choice to move/remove. When I remove it the app is still left in the os, and I can choose it from the source tab in the menu. I can’t find any option to deactivate it. I can’t even find it in the app library so my thought is that the app is deeper in the os.
The problem that arises from this is that the SVT app defaults to Tv+ instead of opening and is by that right now useless. 😕😫
28-05-2021 09:20 AM in
Alright. I have now tried to delete and reinstall the svt app but still no luck.
it seems svt defaults to the source being used and if Tv+ is shut down (long press the back button) a message is shown with information on how you select a source.
All other apps works and I am beginning to question if this is a problem with how the svt app works with the os.
An input from Samsung would be appreciated.
02-11-2021 04:43 PM in
I unfortunately downloaded an update from Samsung on my TV and since then I experience exactly the same problems as Nimdro explains above:
- difficult to access SVTPlay
- I have deleted every single channel on TVPlus but something called RakutenTV is still playing whenever I start the TV or switch apps.
- SVTPlay shuts off right in the middle of a program and RakutenTV starts playing
I have been in contact with your support and was told that on some TV models this cannot be resolved. I find that unacceptable for many reasons;
- When buying a TV, I expect to be able to choose exactly what I want to watch. If I don't want to watch an app (such as RakutenTV), I should be able to delete it or at least find a setting where it doesn't start without my consent (I tried locking it with a code, but it still starts running as soon as I start the TV).
- As explained above, TVPlus messes up SVT Play. It's difficult to access SVTPlay and once you've succeeded, it's unstable and all of a sudden you are thrown out and it switches to RakutenTV. This is extremely troublesome when our daughters (4 and 5 yrs)watch kids´shows on SVT Play and then are thrown into some cheap action scene with machine guns (this happened a couple of days ago).
So my question is, did your support team have a bad day or is it true that this cannot be resolved on some TV models (including mine)?
If your support team is right, this is clearly a deal-breaker for me and, I would assume, tons of other people. I would refrain from buying another Samsung TV. I would also pursue this matter with the appropriate Swedish authorities dealing with consumer rights.
05-06-2022 08:22 PM in
I have the exact same issue with my ue43ls003 and I have to agree with Jacob; if that is Samsung’s final answer then there something very wrong with Samsung’s business strategy in general and specifically their customer service approach. I find this very disheartening.