Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to upgrade/ check upgrade but cant type letters?

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 05:22 PM)
kingqueenace
Student
Options

Hi

Has anyone else had a problem with an invite to either upgrade their phone or check their upgrade status?

I followed the link on the Samsung upgrade lounge but when I try to type in my loan agreement number to upgrade, it won't let me type in letters, only numbers and so it doesn't work?

Best

Kingqueenace

76 REPLIES 76
Furminger
Student
Options

Yes me too, on the Note its asking for numbers only whereas the loan agreement reference in the email is alphanumeric

0 Likes
Todderik18
Navigator
Options
same problem for me @kingqueenace, I'm hoping this might change come the 14th Jan. in fact we should email samsung now to raise the request in hope they will get it resolved
0 Likes
Babychan
Pioneer
Options

same here. I have tried calling but keep getting told I called wrong number, call the number they give me and same thing. Emailed them and still not heard back.

0 Likes
Kingqueenace1
Apprentice
Options
Just received this reply from Samsung

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Samsung Shop Team. Your Reference Number is XXXXXX

I hope this email finds you well.

We have received an update from our Internal Team regarding your issue with the Upgrade Lounge. Please see below:

Lounge access will be fixed asap for all users that have letters in the LAN.

In regards to this specific customer please see the details:

Upgrade Eligible Date: XXXXX
LAN: XXXXXX
Surname: XXXXX

Customer will have 120 days from the 14th Jan to upgrade.

I hope I've helped answer your query. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to respond to this email thread.

Kind regards,

Anne
Samsung Shop Support Team
idurucz
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

So they didn't give you a new (numeric only) number, did they?

So I guess you (we all) just hoping it will actually accept letters tomorrow. At this moment it still does not...

Imre

0 Likes
Kingqueenace1
Apprentice
Options

Hey, no new number no. Still a mix of letters and numbers. Really strange that nobody thought of this when they changed the new upgrade scheme to number only.

My guess also is that everyone who will be eligible to upgrade tomorrow will have letters in their loan agreement number meaning that nobody will actually be able to upgrade tomorrow as those with numbers only will not have had their phone long enough to upgrade.

idurucz
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, well they are too big to care much. I have just tried to contact them... no luck, they said no one is available to assist.

I actually tried to log in like 6 months ago and was the same issue, but I just thought the ref number I had wasn't the Loan agreement number so I thought I'll wait till the time comes... now the time is here and they kindly confirmed that the reference code I had is indeed the LAN (that won't work).

I am just amazed what kinda people are responsible and working for Samsung (and many such big players) - where I work in IT this kind of mistake is just not acceptable to any degree. Basically they have done ZERO testing on introducing new LANs... joke...

By the way from their response to you (where they mentioned the 120 days) I have a feeling they feel like they have 120 days to fix the issue - so I'm kinda cetain this won't work for us any day soon...

0 Likes
Kingqueenace1
Apprentice
Options

To be honest the s20 ultra is my first android phone, I'd just jumped ship from iPhones but I've found the phone kinda buggy and had problems with the camera which was its biggest selling point to me for such an expensive phone. It was looking likely I wouldn't have been upgrading and sticking with Samsung anyway

0 Likes
idurucz
Apprentice
Options

I always been with Samsung but I agree usability-wise they are getting worse -specs are great but usability getting worse. Like camera having just a shoot button and you need to switch to video to make video... previously it was a shoot and record button next to each other... totally no point to do the "update" they did. Also the S20's fingerprint reader is rubbish. I am hoping the S21 will have it on the side on the power button like the Z-flip does it - that'd be a good point.

0 Likes