Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in phone debauchery!

(Topic created on: 23-12-2022 04:21 AM)
T33isnotHappy
Apprentice
Options

I just bought the Samsung galaxy S21 FE and traded in my S8 plus. Now mind you I know i had an older model phone but I took pristine care of it. That S8 plus was never cracked nor broken. NO parts ever replaced and never once water damaged. It worked perfectly fine up until the day Samsung sent an email with some half pictures that were not legible nor any description at all as to what they were talking about but just that my phone did not pass there trade in and I have 7 days and they were going to charge my card back the trade in price. THIS IS A TOTAL LIE. I EVEN WRAPPED MY PHONE IN BUBBLE WRAP LIKE 4 TIMES. You could have dropped that phone off a building at it not be affected. Once it was in the mail and out if my hands was not my problem if it showed up damaged because the shipping label was already supplied by the trade in company. ALL I KNOW IS MY PHONE WAS ON PERFECT WORKING AND I WAS USING IT UP UNTIL I SENT IT OFF TO SAMSUNG, I JUST WANTED TO UPGRADE. Matter if fact the pics they sent doesn't even look like my phone. The rear/back of my phone was purple. There is no picture of that. Also which is it...."contents not clear", or "phone doesn't turn on"?? NONE OF THAT WAS AN ISSUE WHEN BEFORE I MAILED IT TO YOU. I have been a Samsung fan for over 30yrs and that's all I have purchased... but in person. This was my very first time ever doing an over the mail transaction for my phone and first time ever trading my phone in and the last time. I AM REPOSTING THIS EVERYWHERE I CAN THINK TO LET PEOPLE KNOW HOW I WAS TREATED AND HOW THIS PROCESS WAS A COMPLETE LIE, SHAME AND DEBAUCHERY. SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG AND NEVER AGAIN!

3084dfca-47c8-4d05-adbb-fb74f0869150.jpg

987099a0-a62f-4e5d-bee5-7e706f0fe87f.jpg

 I am not at all happy about this 

-T33

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Oh man, this sucks

Please tell me you took photos of the device before you sent it off?, i always do this and a little packing video with a timestamp
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I've been doing trade in's with Samsung since 2017, with my Note8 and Note10, never had an issue.
0 Likes
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
I had the same experience with trade in long ago when I traded well kept phone, no scratches no cracks. The phone wa packed in original packaging and into Samsung provided but was told there was a cracked screen and a screen shot was sent by email that didn't look like my old phone but wasn't bothered because didn't have time to argue with them and decided to pay what they asked. Ever since, I do not send back my old phones, just pay the remaining balance and keep my phones. I know by trading your phone reduces the amount you pay for the new phone, but sometimes you could get more from it elsewhere, and in my case I usually give them to my family.
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
Hi
Looks like it was a third party for inspection.
I had the flip 4 for 8 days when it stopped working. Samsung advised me to return it to them for inspection as it was regarded as bespoke so couldnt get a replacement until that was done.
They sent it to a company "TMT First" who sent me an email saying that I would not be covered under warranty as there was Physical damage. So i demanded to see the photos which they sent. One of the pictures was not even a Flip 4 and the other had a pinhole in the only part of the screen that actually worked, so someone had tampered with it.. after weeks of back abd forth they eventually said they would fix it.. I told them not to bother and demanded my money back. I bought the phone on the 22nd October and received my refund yesterday. But nothing for my trade in phone. Samsung have lost me as a loyal customer also.
I do feel your pain and it is so frustrating but hang in there and ask for this to be escalated.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lots of horror stories around trade ins.

Seems like it's more to do with the third party companies samsung uses and may vary from country to country.

I personally never trade in and always keep my old phone as a backup phone or pass it on to family members.

I know some folks just sell them on ebay and stuff or to friends and get more money than trade ins.

Also I believe with the s9 plus onwards you can use them phones as security cameras and stuff which I plan to try.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some customers including myself have had no problem with Trade Ins  (though only used the service once), aware though that others have had issues and  in instances the decisions of MTR do not seem justified.  Sometimes these are resolved  though, it is imperative to have photo evidence before posting.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

T33isnotHappy
Apprentice
Options

Yes I do...but ive never done a trade in transaction with them or with my cell phone begore so not sure who or where to escalate this to. Does anyone have an email or listed phone number for disputes??  Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
T33isnotHappy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Juicygesbab.... would you happen to know the email or phone number for escalation and disputes??

0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
8am to 10pm 0330 726 1010.
Good Luck