Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in lock screen

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 12:11 PM)
Tayla3592
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20211015-000636_Device Services.jpg

 i have this screen keep coming up. But i received the email saying they have received my trade in  my trade in cut of date is also not until 23rd oct ( 14th today) and they received my phone on 11th oct. I am awaiting the email to say they have accepted it  my phone was perfect condition and i sent in a s10 box

37 REPLIES 37
Bamps
First Poster
Options

What is Samsung doing about ?? Still have the message on my screen and starting to do my head in. Can someone at Samsung please let all of us know what is going on and what you are doing about it?

TroyMclure
Apprentice
Options

I've got the same. They've confirmed receipt of my old phone for trade in but now deny it. They want me to pay another £300 for the phone they deny receiving. I've emailed them 15 times with the proof yet they will never acknowledge it. I'm getting legal advice soon as my phone locks. 100% its a Samsung scam and I'll never buy another phone off them again.

Tayla3592
Journeyman
Options
Did u not pay the postage and have proof of delivery? On royal mail
0 Likes
Members_EP01VSJ
First Poster
Options

I have purchased  a Tab S7 from Amazon, 

But I keep getting a,message saying the product will shut down in 24 hours as it is in a trade-in order. I have been in touch with Galaxy note guard,  they say contact supplier which I have,  but message still coming.

Any help out there?

Thank you Gwyn. 

TigahD
First Poster
Options
Same issue here for me since the 15th have messaged, emailed and phoned twice with not much luck. I have been assured that I'd get a reply today when I called earlier but nothing so far. The message that the phone will lock in 24 hours is still showing and popping up while I'm in the middle of doing stuff, very annoying. I have sent the trade in device and received a confirmation email that they received it and yet this threat to lock my phone is still here! I have had trade in issues with MTR before so this is not new and has put me off buying sumsung ever again. Here's hoping for a reply and resolution soon but if anyone knows of how to get rid of this notification please let me know. Thank you.
0 Likes
hosb
First Poster
Options

I feel better as I thought this was just me! I've had the message come up for 4 days now - even though I had email confirmation they've received my phone for trade-in and the deadline is not until the 22 Oct. Samsung have been MORE THAN COMPLETELY USEFUL at doing anything to assist. I've even contacted help@tradeinsupport.co.uk - which by the way is actually this company (from their email signature) - https://www.mtr.co.uk/contact - who don't answer their phone or email!

0 Likes
Tayla3592
Journeyman
Options
Thaught id let u all know ive had a few replies now saying its all been confirmed as received and lock will take 3-5 days to remove. I was really panicking they were gunna reject my trade in after reading some horror stories
0 Likes
Members_bNrIdBQ
First Poster
Options

On 25th Sep I bought new Samsung A52s Phone via Online with trade in phone which I picked up phone from your store in London Kings cross branch a  few days later. Even after sending my old phone and I have e-mail from trade-in team saying That you have received it on the 14 Oct. and still you tried to block my new phone WHY ? ( Your trade-in phone had date till 23Oct for to return ) and also on 14 th Oct you have withdraw £150 pounds from my account  WHY, Can I have my £150 back please A.S.A.P. I had nothing but bad experience with your customer service on-line or over the phone. This time it has put me off from Samsung. Please look in to for me and I await your reply. Thank you.

Best Regards.

Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options

Hi all the same issue is on this thread too https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/device-being-locked-in-24-hours-due-to-trade-in-not-comp...

They have received my trade in but still the phone is locked.

0 Likes
StuartQLED2019Q85
First Poster
Options

This is the first time I've tried the Samsung Trade In service, and the last.  In fact I think I'll go with a different phone manufacturer in the future for myself and my family members.  A threat of locking the new phone when the trade in department say they have processed my returned phone is unpleasant and unduly heavy handed.  There should at least be a mechanism to immediately remove the threat once it is established that the return has happened.  I don't like the fact that Samsung are able to lock my phone remotely at all - I totally rely on it so I find this very stressful.  What if they do this by accident at some point?