Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in lock screen

(Topic created on: 15-10-2021 02:16 PM)
Tayla3592
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20211015-000636_Device Services.jpg

 i have this screen keep coming up. But i received the email saying they have received my trade in  my trade in cut of date is also not until 23rd oct ( 14th today) and they received my phone on 11th oct. I am awaiting the email to say they have accepted it  my phone was perfect condition and i sent in a s10 box

37 REPLIES 37
AntS
Options

Hi @Tayla3592,

Just to confirm:

Where did you buy your new phone from? 

Have you been in touch with the team at  help@tradeinresponse.co.uk since receiving notification of the new device being locked?

Tayla3592
Journeyman
Options
I bought direct through Samsung. Ive emailed but shocker no reply 🙄 so thaught id ask here while i wait i rung Samsung she said its an issue they are having and shel pass me through to the team and ive been on hold ever since. Someone answers and says oh not this dept il pass you through. On repeat
0 Likes
Paddistani
Journeyman
Options

Hi all! I traded-in an A50 for a Samsung S21. The email I received said I should send it in by 19th of October, and I did hit a delay sending it in for various reasons, but I got notified that they have received it on 13th of October. Now my phone started threatening me that it will get locked within 24 hours as it is connected to an unfinished trade-in. I get that they need to check it, but it's kind of unfair as I have sent the phone in already. Anyone else had this issue? Anything I could do? Talking to a real human being on the help desk is impossible, kinda wish managers stopped playing with crappy if-else bots and hired more well paid workers...

RichUK
Journeyman
Options

The same thing is happening to lots of others too on various devices, I’m getting locked out of my Flip 3 tonight, and I too have had email confirming receipt of my trade in phone.

RichUK
Journeyman
Options

Oh and contacting customer service would be a waste of time anyway, they won’t do anything other than tell you to email the trade in people (help@tradeinresponse.co.uk) and I think you’ll be waiting forever for a reply from them too due to the amount of complaints they must be getting.

Paddistani
Journeyman
Options

Woohoo! Yeah, I've emailed those lot yesterday and I've yet to see a reply. Utterly useless. Oh well, cheers for the reply!

0 Likes
Dan-the-man
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have had exactly same issue! I tried sorting today first on the online chat, took 30mins, when I finally spoke to an agent and after explaining my issue I was told I would be transferred to the online shop support team because she couldn't sort. I waited an hour and nothing happened, complete joke!! Then I found a contact phone number, it only took 10mins to get through. After explaining 3 times to the lady she finally understood my issue. I had to send a screen shot of my email that says I have until 21 Oct to send in trade in phone, she also wanted serial and imei numbers for my new phone. She apologised for inconvenience and said she had logged the issue and said it sounds like quite a few are having same issue. I said yes but my phone will be locked at 10pm tonight you need to prevent that from happening, she said hopefully it will be sorted by then but it can take 24-48hrs. I will be making a serious complaint if my phone gets locked tonight!! Not acceptable at all and could cause some serious issues. This is the number I called 0333 000 0333

Paddistani
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the heads up! I'll give them a call! This is absolutely ridiculous if youd ask me.
0 Likes
WhittyField98
Explorer
Options
I'm concerned that this is happening to lots of people including me. Samsung have never been very good at this whole PR thing have they...Screenshot_20211015-093153_Device Services.jpg