Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Samsung Galaxy Watch with SIM.

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 08:25 PM)
AndersI
Student
Options

Our daughter has a smart watch for children, which let us track her position at all times. We like to buy here a smart watch for adults instead but need to keep the tracking function. She has autism and can't communicate when her brain gets locked. Then we need to be able to find her. Will a Samsung Galaxi Watch5 with G4 be trackable with a proper app installed? If yes, which app?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Maybe you should go with a more child suited watch that is more secure and can track your child 24/7. Since a Galaxy watch is not suitable for kids sort off depending in how young your child is
0 Likes
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You have SmartThings app for Galaxy there you can follow your and members (you add) units but like JakeSully said i think a child watch is more suitable for a younger child, is she older then SmartThing app works.
0 Likes
AndersI
Student
Options

Thank you for your answer. My daughter has now a Samsung Galaxy mobile and a Samsung Watch 5 but I have problems installing SmartThings on them. It looks like the installation is done on both units but then I don't see the SmartThings app on any of them. I have also installed SmartThings on my mobil (a Zenphone 9) where the app is visible and can be started but I can't see how to add a link to her Watch there! It seems to be quite complicated...

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Daniel-M
Options

Hi,

The Smartthings app should come pre-installed on Samsung products. If you can't find the app on your phone, you can go to Settings > Apps > Smartthings > Open.

Once you have entered the app, you will need to log in with your Samsung account. And it is important that you use the same Smasung account on the watch and the phone, otherwise you will not be able to track the watch.

After you have logged in, you should be able to find Smartthings Find, which is the tracking function. Instructions on how this works can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/find-my-watch/

Should you still experience problems with getting Smartthings up and running, we recommend that you get in touch with our customer support and they will be able to help you further there: https://www.samsung.com/se/support/contact/

/Daniel