Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMT First and Samsung Customer Service

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 12:46 PM)
ANR80
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone give advise on how to actually get some useful information out of Samsung or TMT First?

Been awaiting a screen repair ( cracking on the fold of Z3 flip)  told out of warranty due to  tiny scuff in one corner, rest of phone is perfect condition so its all lies to avoid the warranty.  Wanted £300 to fix! Not happening as Samsung quality issue, but then will fit a free screen protector on the phone ( even though on the initial Samsung advice booklet it says not to use one!?!

The phone has been with  Samsung and TMT First since 12th August and they still cant tell me when it will be repaired and returned.  Samsung CS wash their hands of the issue and say call TMT, they take 25mins to pick up then don't have any info and no desire to help. WORST CS I've had in years, but want the phone back!  Samsung have lost a loyal customer over this, I wont be buying Samsung again for any appliance. 

Galaxy Z Fold3 5G   #customerservice

9 REPLIES 9
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @ANR80. While some physical damage may not directly affect the issue you are facing, they do invalidate the two-year manufacturer’s warranty.

Our Repair Centres are required to service devices back to full functionality and this means that if the device is out of warranty all damages and faults will be chargeable.

This is a process we are unable to change. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
ANR80
Apprentice
Options

Hi DannyT 

I accept that Samsung just want to get out of warranty faults by having this clause in there T&C's and that wont change, but that still doesn't change the extremely poor general customer service that has been applied and the lack of interest of actually resolving anything.  Do you accept that waiting  over 3 weeks for a repair without any end or return of my phone in sight is acceptable service levels?

Price quoted was way over what Samsung suggested, time frame is way over what is suggested, response times to emails and calls are over what is suggested, and then no idea of timescales or wanting to help, it is just poor all round. 

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
This company TMT FIRST should not be operating, I ended up with 2 repairs carried out by them and they failed to maintain my IP68 rating, they wanted me to send for a 3rd repair but I had a better idea, sell the phone and buy the same phone again but with an IP68 rating!!!! If you Google the company they have a ton of bad reviews. Avoid them at all cost, if you need to get any Samsung device repaired I suggest traveling to a Samsung experience store where they do repairs.
Dio69
Explorer
Options

Same issue here. Yes, it's very convenient for Samsung to fall back on a shoddy warranty instead of owning up to manufacturing failures. TMT are not responding when I ask what has cracked, the screen protector or the screen itself. Samsung CS won't escalate as apparently there isn't a higher authority, who knew that the CS staff are all directly reporting to the CEO!

MTruelove1978
First Poster
Options
I'm in the same boat. I have a small chip on the corner of the casing and they won't fix the cracking on fold. Terrible service
Tazuk
Journeyman
Options
My experience with TMT is exactly the same and Samsung are just as bad.

There seems to be a big problems with the factory fitted screen protector for Folds and flips failing around every 8 months and looks like TMT, Samsung are trying to make money off the back of it.

All they will do is drive loyal Samsung customers over to Apple.
MikeMagnum
Journeyman
Options

Samsung sent mine to TMT. Won’t fix screen bleed (black oil slick) under warranty. Saying it’s had impact damage. It most certainly has not!, S21 ultra 5G in perfect condition, never been dropped so how can they say it’s impact damage. This is a faulty phone, even experienced overheating issues over the course of having the phone so I’ve put it down to that as the screen runs very hot in use. (Well known fault online) I’m not paying for something that’s a Samsung fault. Gonna report to trading standards too

Dio69
Explorer
Options

If you're under a contract for the phone, tell the provider it's not fit for purpose, I did and Three paid for the repair, I went to their official repairers instead as I didn't want to give TMT the business. Three use WeFix who are also an authorised Samsung repairer, they said if they'd have had this handset, they'd have done it as a warranty repair! Had the bezel, screen and battery replaced as part of the job.

Brickwall
First Poster
Options

Another reason not to buy Samsung products

0 Likes