Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIPS on stay-at-home winter activities

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 12:57 PM)
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

How are you all doing out there? Hope you had/are having a nice Christmas holiday 🎄 I think normally I would be on a beach somewhere, or on top of a mountain skiing, or organising big dinners with friends.. but we all know that this winter (and year) is a little different.

How do you spend your days off in these crazy times? Let's share some tips to brighten up our everyday lives when the world is upside down.

Here are some of mine:

1. Running/walking even when it's dark/rainy. Fresh air is really helping me to clear my thoughts and increase my energy levels. Plus, no matter how rainy and dark it is you ALWAYS feel better after doing some exercise.
  2. Netflix. I've watched so many shows in the last couple of months. Check this thread for some tips.
  3. Outdoor "fika". Bring coffee, cinnamon buns and a friend out in the forest instead of how you normally would meet in a coffee shop.
  4. For Christmas I got an acrylic painting set. I'm not very good at painting, but who cares and - this is definitely the time to try something new.

Let me know yours! :handshake:

// ElinH
4 REPLIES 4
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I just started doing painting myself! I first tried a Bob Ross follow along and it turned out not too bad. The only thing is oil painting is a pain in the clean up department. So I picked up some acrylics to try out. It's a very different way of painting compared to oils bit easier to clean up and no chemical smells to worry about. There are loads of tutorial videos on YouTube too of course. One trip i got on there was to use scrap MDF board to paint on. It's way cheaper than canvases especially if you know someone that has done a little upgrade to a room in a house. The scraps left over can be cut into small canvas sizes. Here are my most recent paintings on said MDF scrap. 

20201230_154621.jpg

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

They are beautiful! That's a great tip with the MDF boards as canvases seem quite expensive. Will check if someone is renovating 🔨 😀

// ElinH
0 Likes
CederOne
Explorer
Options

Cooking, board games, learn a new language and keep dreaming about sunnier days!! ☀️

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

I am constantly dreaming about sunnier days - or even snow! Would be so fun to go out skiing or ice skating if it gets colder 🤞

// ElinH
0 Likes