cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 16-08-2018 02:55 PM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
AntS
Options
Diddley
First Poster
Options

Hi from Belfast in Ireland 

@curran_denis

Moaziz_Nawab07
First Poster
Options
Hello
TinaR
Apprentice
Options
Hello @Teasie123
Here is the link to Tips and Tricks on Galaxy S9.

Hope this helps in one way or another 💖

Cheers
Tina

The one I DO NOT use:
Samsung keyboard.
(I use Google Keyboard as it gives me options to run multiple different dictionaries on my keyboard at the same time. If you are multilingual like me and you are using "swipe" a lot for typing, you'll not find any other keyboard as versatile and intuitive as Google GBoard. That's fact.)

The ones I currently LOVE & use most in my S9 Plus are:

* Bixby
(I love to turn it for Alarm, as Bixby spoke up with "Good morning, it's [time] at the moment, it looks like it will be a [weather related ie. Rainy/Sunny] day today... Wear some layers of clothing..." Tada tada.)

* "Screen Sensitivity" to the most sensitive (if you use screen protector like me -- I use Zagg brand -- this is important)

* Biometric lock
(mine set to Eyes recognition, it saves heaps of my time!!!)

* Edge Panels
(mine are: screenshots/animation/pin to screen, weather, device maintenance, Contacts Edge, Apps Edge, Quick Tools)

* Edge lights notifications
* In cam: Slow Motions, blurry background
* Samsung Notes (I can do handwriting on it!!)
* Blue Light Filter on
* Secure folder

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2018/03/how-to-get-started-with-your-brand-new-samsung-galaxy-s9/

https://www.androidpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-tips-and-tricks

https://amp.tomsguide.com/us/samsung-galaxy-s9-guide,review-5253.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2018/03/27/galaxy-s9-tips-tricks/amp/
Ayou1909
First Poster
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all! I'm AntS. :robothappy:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on :robotembarrassed:).

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

(LOL. And I love that RyanM's introduction thread for me was liked by someone called @Anonymous User. Oosh! :keithlemon: )

@AntS wrote:

Hi all! I'm AntS. :robothappy:

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on :robotembarrassed:).

(LOL. And I love that RyanM's introduction thread for me was liked by someone called @Anonymous User. Oosh! :keithlemon: )

Justinadamson
First Poster
Options

Hi My name is Justin I have an S8 Plus and an S3 Frontier 🙂.

issylicious
First Poster
Options

Hi .... weirdly also a Yorkshire dweller (well the last 4 years I've been a northerner in the south ack)

I've been a Samsung dork since the T100 .... except when I had a Sony satio (ugh total *****), I when I went darkside and joined the iphone revolution with an iPhone 7 ..... in my defence it was for the music 🙂 

Finally I'm back to the best, and have just got my S9 and I'm loving it. 

Anyway hi 

Teasie123
Pathfinder
Options

Hey, im the same. Im so bad with tech but really want to know more and use all the aoos and amenities available. Hopefully we ll learn as we go.😊

Theresa edwards
0 Likes
Teasie123
Pathfinder
Options

This is where im lost. So many people have been really helpful, but my problem is that i want to download certain songs and not the whole album. So i dont want to have to pay for albums, when its only one or two songs that i want. I want to gave them when im doing my work out and have them on one app or file or whatever it is held on. Please help, lol.😁

Theresa edwards
0 Likes
Teasie123
Pathfinder
Options

Omg. Thanks so much! This has really helped

😀

Theresa edwards
0 Likes