cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 14-05-2022 05:34 PM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
Kenso62
Pioneer
Options
Hi
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @dopey66  Hope you are enjoying the Samsung community :smiling-face: Feel free to post any queries or make suggestions.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

SEZYJANE
Student
Options
Hello I'm new to Samsung members
Jane
SilentBob420
First Poster
Options

Hello just wanted to introduce myself.I always hate the 1st post to a new forum.I get nervous and never know what to say, but here I go..

I'm 56yrs old.I love camping,Long walks on...Uugghh!! Wrong type forum..Told you I get nervous...ok!

*clears throat* Hello I'm SilentBob and I'm an Addic...No wait that's my N.A. form..Ok....Ok..bare with me I can do this

SilentBob420 introooo..Take 3..aaaand Go!!

Hello I'm SilentBob420 but just call me SB!! I'm just a good ole boy from downsouth.I am 56 and spend way to much time online.I've been disabled for almost 6yrs now when I was diagnosed with severe Osteo-Arthritis at 50yrs.I found out a little to late and had to have  a total hip replacement.They told me I did it to myself from pushing myself to hard at work and the gym.Until then I worked for myself with a small comstruction buisness and was a personal trainer for 12yrs. ! On top of that I have a very rare disorder called "Intractable Hiccups" (severe spasms in my diaphragm.Only about 3-4000 people in the world may suffer from it at this moment.But out of that 600 will die each yr not from the spasms but exaustion.Im lucky to get 2-3hrs of sleep every 24hrs and thats sitting straight up.Ive not slept laying down in 6yrs because the spasms get worse when I lay down.Ive battled ot for 8yrs this August.Now don't you feel better about yourself😕😕 

Ive rambled enough! If you wanna know anything else just ask!!

AntS
Options
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi and welcome, @SilentBob420

Love that you kept on truckin' through the challenges life threw at you, and that you clearly have a great sense of humour, SB. 😊😎

0 Likes
jamiebhoy85
First Poster
Options
Morning from Scotland New to the community 
0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
Miley666
Student
Options

Hi! My name is Anna. I am from Latvia. I am a huge fan of Samsung. Few years back I worked for a mobile operator, I was selling devices. And I remember the amazing lessons Samsung Latvia were throwing for people who were selling their devices. Honestly compared to other brands (not gonna name them, but I will say that they were bribing us with visits to pool, saunas or taking us to special movie screenings before their official release) Samsung's lessons were the most memorable. Not only did they tell us about theyr soon to launch devices under an NDA, but the first half of the day was them teaching about what people look for in a phone in general. So information that can help sell a phone to a person even if they opt for a different brand. For example when Note 10 was coming out, they taught us about generations and how for example Baby Boomer wishes from a phone differ from what a millennial wants. All this made me see how Samsung really cares about giving sellers information rather than offering them a day of fun to entice them to even come to the event. To summarize - #Samsung4Life

01chris
Student
Options
Hello everybody