cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 11-08-2019 10:37 PM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

@Tricia1243 wrote:

Hi, can anyone answer this please.

I am on Twitter and a lady has just DM me saying my profile has been selected by Samsung computer and I’m entitled to a big prize sum!  Does Samsung actually do this or is it a scam?  Don’t know what to think as I’ve read this lady’s profile and it says she is an online clearing Agent for Samsung😮 Not sure what to believe as they want my home details!  I am somewhat sceptical😏

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Unless its from an official twitter account: Clearly a scam. Feel free to link me her profile in a private message and I will give it a quick to see if its valid (I work in the IT and know most scams :winking-face: ) :smiling-face: 

Samsung will only communicate though official channels. They usually only give things away though the following channels: 

1. In the case of a huge marketting effort they can simply hand a product over. Like what happenned it Appel (Dutch with english subtitles)
  2. You won some kind of contest (After actively participating, contact will always be though official channels)
  3. During an official event there tend to be some kind of giveaway from time to time at a Samsung Boot. 

Basically: If Samsung gives something away, its usually quite obvious that its samsung. When in doubt: Ignore and double check with Samsung itself :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Paulgc9
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone, my name is Paul and i am deciding whether or not to keep my tab s4 having owned it for less than a month but struggling to find a consistent use for it. I originally got it to edit photos and video but alas the screen quality does not do justice to the hi def footage that I capture. As a result I screen mirror to my TV in order to get a better screen experience.

Should I keep it or sell it on?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Paulgc9: Welcome to the community! I feel like there's an argument to made for both courses of action, so I shall remain on the fence on this one :smiling-face:

EDIT: If you have any further questions or queries then please don't hesitate to stop by the S-Series Tablet Board where myself and other community members will be on hand to help.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/uk-tablets/label-name/s-seri...

0 Likes
Mawex
First Poster
Options

I'm new here apparently someone looking to explore more of samsung here in the forum.

Music Download

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Paulgc9 , Welcome to the community, hope you enjoy it here :smiling-face:      could possibly wait a bit longer before deciding on best course of action with the Tablet.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mawex!

Welcome to the Community. If you're into your music, we've got a great thread going on in the Samsung Lounge here.

Enjoy!

0 Likes
Lorraine
Student
Options

Hi all my names Lorraine first time in here x

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

Welcome to the Samsung community @Lorraine. 👋🏻😀

CLF1
Explorer
Options

Hi, 

I am so very glad I accedentally selected the Samsung community UK home using the Google search engine. I can't imagine how much time, effort and thought went into creating this extraordinary Samsung community forum website. This is absolutely amazing. I am from the US and our website seems have followed a different path. I'm like a kid with a new toy and so many things to see. Just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for this.

Have fun, 

I am Christopher 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi Christopher!

Glad you 'stumbled' upon us and great to have you on board! We're looking forward to hearing from you :smiling-face: