Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Future of LCD Displays

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 04:10 AM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Word that Samsung Displays will stop making LCD panels by the end of the year, though will not affect the QLED line up.  Though it is possible samsung could continue to buy panels from manufactuers  such as  CSOT and AOU.  See more details here Samsung Display Ending Production of LCD Displays   Earlier LG announced they were ending their South Korean production LG To End Domestic production of LCD Panels 

Panasonic  have also said that it will withdraw from all production of LCD panels by 2021 https://www.anandtech.com/show/15157/panasonic-to-cease-lcd-production-by-2021 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

3 REPLIES 3
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Its good to see that LCD is being phased out, it shows that the innovation is getting better and better ^-^ Good times!
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

I have it. No LCD anymore for something as logic as to watch tv long times without correct tax refresh and color avolided by system own and more extras as energy saver has not enought power age for constant mantenance of tenace fluid test and tell when arrive new oldest techno as my gildfriend tell me patient indead a fighting with all there. One more  👍

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

0 Likes