Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smashed Phone..how do i factory reset

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 02:47 PM)
JamiRieder12
First Poster
Options

So i just recieved my new phone from the warenty place but I have15 days to send my phoneback cleared of all accounts and no password.

i have backed my info up but to unlock my phone is a two step varification process and i cant see anything on my screen.. and the remote unlock isnt set up! HELP!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there JamjReider12!

If your screen's smashed, there's a couple ways to do it.

I know you said about Remote Unlock, but do you know if you turned on Find my Mobile (either the Google or Samsung one)? If you're not sure, give this a shot anyway. If you log into Find my Device or Find my Mobile with either your Google or Samsung account, and make sure your broken phone's on, connected to a charger and connected to the Internet (either Wi-Fi or Cellular will do), and perform an erase that way, that should wipe your accounts clean.

If that doesn't work, the next idea involves using Recovery Mode. I need to know which phone you're using to tell you how to do this, or you're welcome to look it up. The only problem is that this mode will leave your Google Account on the phone, however, this can later be removed by giving your password to the Insurance people. Then make sure you change it.

Hope this helps,
Tom 🙂
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JamiRieder12   General Information on  Factory Resets is here  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.