Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Phones- Could The Biggest Camera Enhancement Come in 2024?

(Topic created on: 31-12-2022 07:11 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Obviously this is purely speculative and perhaps a bit too soon to have a firm idea.  However a famous Tipster (with pretty impressive record)  has suggested that the S24 Ultra  will ditch  some of the telephoto sensors,  did not  give further detail.  However if this turns out to be the case  may be that the periscope zoom sensor or 3 X Zoom module will be replaced.

Some more information in this article https://www.smartprix.com/bytes/samsung-galaxy-s24-ultra-could-ditch-the-telephoto-snapper/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
We I feel are on the brink of the next big thing with smartphone cameras
Lots of innovation from different brands and some of that tech may well be combined to give at least one manufacturer that ultimate camera setup.
Probably why I'm sticking with my S22 Ultra this time round and going to wait for the S24 Ultra
I don't see the point of massive megapixel camera sensors. I rather the software is better refined. Like the iPhone has software to remove lens flare in low light and night photos
The iPhone and Google Pixel do great photos with lower megapixel sensors

But we will need to wait and see what comes out. I'm really looking forward to it as well as the Fold 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Glenntech certainly technology continually developing but big change happens over so often,  how would you rank your Devices in terms of quality photos?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well for the devices I have
My Pixel 7 Pro is a great phone camera. Well it's mostly software and it's such a great point and shoot phone

My Z Fold 4 I think is OK, but I was hoping for better to be honest after the Z Fold 3

My Huawei P50 Pro has a really good camera setup and I really like the Pro mode it has.

My iPhone 14 Pro Max is a bit like the Pixel 7 Pro, but it's a bit more refined I feel and better all round device

But my number one has to be my S22 Ultra. Great cameras, really good Pro mode with that Expert RAW
Having the S Pen as a remote shutter button is such a great thing.
It's a well suited phone for me and my favourite
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Exciting time's ahead for many aspects of the Samsung Galaxy s²³ series and other devices Samsung launch 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "