Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#sharetheepic arassement complaint -

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 04:39 PM)
ruru80ln
Apprentice
Options
Yesterday I went with a friend and out children to Westfield white city in London and were approached by the staff at the stand for Samsung. 

The lady there was basically rushing us to take pictures,  scan QR codes, etc and telling us to follow the steps on the phone/link and that we would win something. In my phone I won a Bronze prize which she said it would be a phone, headphones or watch . I was lucky and I would definitely would win that  someone would call me or send an email.

Never received it and of course the screen with the Bronze prize disappeared. She gave us a canvas bag.... 
This is a misleading advertising and campaign to get people's data in the spot saying they win a prize and nothing happens.

Phone number to check campaigns also doesn't work....lol

#sharetheepic #samsungwestfieldlondon

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AntS
Options

Hi @ruru80ln , 

That doesn't sound right.

Are you able to share more details with us for us to check into it for you? For example, if you've still got the website URL you were sent to in your phone's browser history, and any photos of the canvas bag?

Any personal details (e.g. your name, or contact details, or those of the person you spoke to), please share via a Private Message with us at our Sam_UK account (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597) Guide on how to send a Private/Direct Message here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

ruru80ln
Apprentice
Options

just sent you the message

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree with @AntS that this does not sound right.

Personally I won't scan anything especially from people on pop up stands / exhibits.

I won't open up unsolicited links etc.

Generally if it's sounds too good to be true then it can turn out to be !  😞

I have no way of telling if these people on pop up stands are from the company itself or a 3rd party company using the companies name banner.

I even deny my email in shops when I'm purchasing goods and they ask for an email address. 

As a cautionary if this was my situation I'd consider changing my passwords especially Banking etc. 

Now this maybe overkill on my part and I'm not trying to worry you. 😳

I'm just over cautious after being the victim of identity theft and online fraud involving my banking.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ruru80ln
Apprentice
Options
Thay makes sense. I believe that it was an official Sansung stand . But also believe that people weren't trained and the idea was just to get peoples data yes.
Totally unacceptable
0 Likes
ruru80ln
Apprentice
Options

Just an update on this false promotion stand by Samsung. 

After no replies I will be making a formal complaint to the Trading Standards Officers and the Information Commissioner's Office and use my consumers rights on this. 

This was a clear case of false promoting a product and prize and also a violation of the Data Protection Act by getting my personal details under false pretence. 

Very disappointed with this supposed reliable and credible brand that I'm using for many years now . 

If you have suffered from a misuse of data protection as well and false promotion campaigns , use your rights and don't get fooled . 

0 Likes