Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send my Trade-In Phone, waiting for label

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 11:46 PM)
Members_uIL5urj
First Poster
Options

Hello! I have bought and received a Galaxy Z Fold 4, with a Trade-In phone to be sent to Samsung. On the website, it says that I will get a pre-paid envelope to send the phone in. There is a limited amount of time to do so, but I have not received any information about when the envelope might come. Should I be worried the time is running out, and that they will then charge me the full amount for the phone?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Members_uIL5urj 

I would suggest you to contact our support for more details about your Trade-In order:

SE: https://www.samsung.com/se/support/

FI: https://www.samsung.com/fi/support/

DK: https://www.samsung.com/dk/support/

NO: https://www.samsung.com/no/support/

/Emmi
0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
I think that time only counts for those who wants to do a trade in. Then time is limited, but since you already picked it you order should have already noted it will be trade in and you shouldn't have to worry. Once phone arrives to them thats when they will process it and give you payout. But keep in mind to remove both google and samsung account from the device before doing factory reset or something. If the device has a google account or so still on it will lower the device price since they cannot bypass the theft lock google has got.
Tikidik
First Poster
Options

Same her, got my fold 4 , yesterday. And still no label. Let me hear about u, if u get it. 

0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Tikidik and @Members_uIL5urj 

The general trade in-process looks like this (you also find the info on samsung.com when you choose a phone for trade-in):

1) Select your new Samsung device and the valid device you want to trade in.

2) Answer a few simple questions to determine the estimated trade-in value of your eligible device.

3) Once you have placed your order, you will receive an email with shipping instructions and a prepaid shipping label. Follow the instructions carefully and use the pre-paid shipping waybill you received via email (when you made the order).

4) Once we receive your trade-in unit, its condition will be verified and its final trade-in value will be determined. If the final trade-in value differs from the estimated trade-in value, you will be contacted by email. The trade-in amount, if any, will be sent to you as proof of value.

Hope this clears some questions - for details or further questions contact our support 😊

/Emmi
Oliseh
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here and I have contacted Samsung in Denmark 8 times now and no one can answer me when the pre-paid envelope will arrive to send the trade-in phone back. But they can send me threats about the value of the trade-in phone will be payed by my card if I dont send the phone back in 14 days but it is a little difficult when they dont send the pre-paid envelope and the other day they send me mail about they would take the money from my card because they have not received the trade-in phone so I had to block my card because I dont want to lend out money to a big company and I have told them 8 times that I did not receive any pre-paid envelope.

And I think if you cannot send me a pre-paid envelope where will my phone end if the pre-paid envelope suddenly comes and how long time will it be before I get my money back. And I have black on white from the Samsung supporter in Denmark that my 14 days to deliver the phone back will only start when I receive my pre-paid envelope but I have many mails warning me about sending my trade-in phone back even though I have not received my pre-paid envelope.

This is by far the worst buyer experience I have witnessed and I will never shop on Samsung again and I am returning my phone again because I dont want to fight anymore about it but it is apparently very hard to send a simple pre-paid envelope out to people.

0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Oliseh 

How long have you waited? Can you please send me your details (name, email) in a private message and I can have a look for you? 

/Emmi
0 Likes
Oliseh
Apprentice
Options

How do I send a private message here??? 

0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options
0 Likes