Where does screen record save to? 

Thanks if you could help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
The easiest way to find it is through your gallery.

But the physical file is saved in Internal Storage > DCIM > Screen recordings

To access this, open the My files app ( you can search for it on the apps menu) . Then tap on 'Internal Storage'. Once in there locate the file called 'DCIM' and then tap on it. Finally, there is folder called 'Screen Recordings' and that is where you'll find all your screen recordings.

Hope that helps! :smiling-face:

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
wibbbbb
First Poster
Options
it turns your phone into a recorder and u can play some sick songs
0 Likes
Solution
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
The easiest way to find it is through your gallery.

But the physical file is saved in Internal Storage > DCIM > Screen recordings

To access this, open the My files app ( you can search for it on the apps menu) . Then tap on 'Internal Storage'. Once in there locate the file called 'DCIM' and then tap on it. Finally, there is folder called 'Screen Recordings' and that is where you'll find all your screen recordings.

Hope that helps! :smiling-face:
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
what screen recorder are you using?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I find the in built screen recorder fine , can be easily accessed by swiping down from the quick settings Menu, as long as you have Android 10.  A bit more information here: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-record-screen-your-samsung-galaxy-phone 

Obviously there are alternatives and some  of the better ones detailed here: https://fossbytes.com/best-android-screen-recorder-apps/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Screen recorder
First Poster
Options

Would you happen to have any idea why the screen recorder won't save to the DCIM folder? Detail oriented

0 Likes
Amunnie
Navigator
Options
Hi,

It should save to the DCIM. It has its own folder within the DCIM folder called 'Screen recordings'.

Where are your screen recordings currently being saved?

Which screen recording app are you using? The one that is inbuilt to the phone or an app that you've downloaded? If so, which app is this?