Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screen on tab s7 + turns dark

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 03:29 PM)
Options

Hi, 

The screen of my new samsung galaxy tab s7+ turns dark when rotating the tablet and then laying it down on a flat surface (for example a table). Has anyone here had a similar problem? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options

Now I found the problem, had a case on the tablet that when folded under the tablet made the tablet "think" the case was being folded over the tablet, therefore the screen locked itself. Now the setting is turned of  and everything works:) thanks for trying to help!

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have the same tablet and haven't experienced something like that. Just first a quick control question; you didn't happen to wear sunglasses (polarised) when this occurred? How often does this happen?
Solution
Options

Now I found the problem, had a case on the tablet that when folded under the tablet made the tablet "think" the case was being folded over the tablet, therefore the screen locked itself. Now the setting is turned of  and everything works:) thanks for trying to help!

Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Aaaaha great to hear!👍 My question was because if you have polarised glasses and turn your screen you might see a black out - test it :winking-face:
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah, a case that has magnetic in flip part can cause so when putt it on back it thinks your flipping it over screen. Due to magnet in cover piece doing it.
Bobm6996
First Poster
Options

Having same issue, may I ask what setting you turned off?

0 Likes
jesternl
First Poster
Options

Advanced features ==> accessories ==> automatic unlock and auto screen on and off.

took a while to find.

It drove me nuts, since I don't have a cover. it was the magnet near my keyboard that triggered it

Sm58
First Poster
Options

Thank you, problem solved.

eMpTy
First Poster
Options

It's 2023 and you have solved my issue re polarised sunglasses. Thankyou!

Smarinucci
First Poster
Options

Just so it's on this top post, the suggestion below by jesternl fixed my issue...  Advanced features ==> accessories ==> automatic unlock and auto screen on and off.  I only had to turn on 'Auto screen on and off'. I like lifting the cover to snooze my alarm so I left 'Automatic unlock' off and it fixed the problem.