Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scammers

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 10:11 PM)
jojo80
First Poster
Options

I have been receiving messages on Facebook. They claim to be samsung. Saying I have won 800 thousand. They want a deposit to receive international funds tho. I have an American number they gave me and an email. Has anyone had this. And without wasting phone credit how can I find out who owns the number. I am in Australia or I would call it

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Scam !!! - would ignore it and certainly do not send any money for any so called " deposit " or give them any bank info !!!
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
These *****s use voip so the phone number will be fake.
Adridag
Pioneer
Options
why would you be interested to know who's owns the number? if you already know its a scam? block and ignore
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
whats that saying... curiosity killed the cat... I get scam calls on my landline number now and again and at that particular moment in time I would like to be in their vicinity just to kick their head in but after a hour or two I forget about it.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Will  be a fake number as @Pugs1957  says  and best not to have any sort of communication with them anyway.  Unfortunately Samsung would be unlikely to give that sort of prize  and asking for deposit always rings Alarm Bells.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

Cheers guys! 🙂:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

And just to give some official confirmation on it, here's the page on the Samsung UK site about lottery/job offer scams: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/customer-warning-samsung-lottery-and-samsung-job-o...