Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Upgrade programme misleading

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 09:09 PM)
Beccelltyn
First Poster
Options
So I purchased the Galaxy Note Ultra in 2020 by the upgrade programme. I was offered the upgrade to the fold/flip in August 2021 but decided that it would not be the phone for me due to the change in size and inferior camera. Roll on 6 months and the Galaxy S22 Ultra comes out and I think this would be the ozone to upgrade to, yet I am unable to now upgrade? 

Samsung say that I can only upgrade to the flip/fold because my phone is not listed as a Galaxy, even though the About phone lists it as a Galaxy, and despite the upgrade programme stating that you can upgrade to the latest Galaxy phone anytime between 12-24 months. Feel totally cheated here and despite complaining have had no response. I can't be the only person. Yo have been misled in this way!!
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Trouble with the upgrade program, and I have fallen foul of it before. You can only upgrade to the same model range.
Now the Note line is finished, so the only option is to take the alternative option Samsung gave or carry on until the last payment.
The S22 Ultra is seen as a model lower. Therefore not applicable to the program you are on.
Unfortunately there's a lot in the terms and conditions that don't get read or missed as there's so much to read through.
I'm the first to hold my hands up and say that with the excitement, I can skip through them quickly.
The irony before with the Note 10+. They wouldn't let me upgrade to the Z Fold 2 at the time.
Unfortunately it's what we sign upto when we join the upgrade program.
For what it's worth. It seems to be only logical to be able to go with the S22 Ultra. But it is what it is.
0 Likes
evohicks
Navigator
Options
I was in the same situation coming from the Note 20 Ultra, no Note 21 Ultra, not interested in the Fold as it would have got trashed at work so naturally the S22 Ultra was the ideal Note replacement.

With no upgrade program the only thing to do was buy the S22 Ultra outright because I am already tied to the upgrade program for a few more months on the Note 20 Ultra.
The trade in for the Note 20 Ultra was £570 so that helped with the enormous cost of these new flagships so I ended up paying around £670 for the S22 Ultra.
0 Likes
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, I remember you from upgrade times! I didn't upgrade to the fold either, I'm still with the note 21 ultra and contract soon coming to and end and can see their will be no usual july /Aug upgrade frenzy this year again 😏. What do you think to the s22 ultra compared to the note? Mines still working fine but always have enjoyed a new phone on an annual basis!
0 Likes
evohicks
Navigator
Options
Hi Kath, yeah I remember you, there was a few of us around upgrade time waiting for the new phone to come out.
I'm happy with the S22 Ultra to be fair. The camera was one of the reasons that I thought about upgrading and of course having the latest and greatest always puts a smile on my face 😁
Of course the battery is better on the S22 coming from the Note 20 Ultra (the Note being nearly 2 years old now) and using the S22 ultra the same day to day I'm averaging 2 days and 2 hours according to the battery stats.
The zoom on the camera is crazy with some really good results.

The phone is basically a Note and it comes with all the Note features and the only thing that sets it apart is the name. If I could go back in time I would still do the upgrade, my only gripe was holding out for the exclusive Red colour which is more like a salmon colour and took 6 weeks to arrive when it said 2 - 4 weeks on pre order day, but overall I'm happy with the 22 Ultra.

Screenshot_20220710-081609_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for the advice, I'll have to go have a look at it and see what I think. Or even hang on now for the s23.
I am noticing a difference now in battery but not too troublesome, just have to obviously charge more.
Thanks again
Neary69
Journeyman
Options
I have just fallen foul of the dreaded upgrade program misdirection. I made the mistake of trading in my S22 ultra for the z fold 4. Terrible camera, screen broken already, and had to fight Samsung to fix it as they tried everything to void the warranty. Want to trade for the S23 ultra when my year is up but they told me I have to stick with the same model. Not a chance will I take another fold. The repair guy said the fold phones have strict criteria and if there's the slightest mark on it then they try and get out of fixing it as the screens are so expensive. Their own employees say stay away from fold phones as they're coming in broken every single day.
0 Likes