Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung trade in error - implications on account - how to escalate complaint

(Topic created on: 04-12-2021 10:48 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

June this year I traded in my old laptop for a Galaxy 360 ( which is a very good piece of kit). However when I tried to complete my  Samsung upgrade programme trade in  in August and later on that month  tried to place an order online I could not. Cutting a long story short after many emails I  found out that my account had been blacklisted as Samsung had recorded that i didn't complete the trade in for Galaxy 360 - Incorrect

What happened is that I needed the old laptop at short notice and therefore contacted Samsung  ( and the trade in agent) and paid the trade in balance rather than provide the laptop as per T&Cs. All emails and account transactions I have prove this. However  as described above I eventually found out that Samsung didn't think I had settled the trade in and owed the money. 

Over numerous emails I provided the proof ( at least 5 times) but have got nowhere until sending a letter to Samsung UK. Now it's been recognised by 'Samsung shop' that I had settled this at the time and Samsung have made a mistake. But i'm still waiting or confirmation and un blacklisting of my account. 

In the meantime Samsung have missed out on  me buying several large items from them, (I am sure the are not bothered that a Samsung customer for >10 years have had this experience). I can not see anyway to lodge a complaint with Samsung or get it escalated ( most other companies publish their complaints procedure) .

Anyone able to advise on how to get this escalated and sorted?

#tradein #customerservices # complaint

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thanks, but I don't have twitter. And the link just goes to standard Samsung page which as I said above is no good. As its not a technical issue it seems to compound it
0 Likes
ShadowD
Journeyman
Options
Hi Jay_Jerry
I am having exactly the same problem and have now put in a SAR request from Samsung I will wait on this as they have a legal time limit and after this I shall go to the media. As like you I have all the emails and proof of paying cash for all.my items amounting to thousands of pounds. They seem to think they can rubbish your name along with them stealing a gift voucher they had gifted to you. I wont stop with this till their mistake is corrected.
0 Likes
ShadowD
Journeyman
Options
Hi Jay_Jerry
Just an update as I have a response from an Estore Resolution Expert now I hope you are ready for this I quote from their email "Alternatively, you can ask one of your friends to place the order for you" I personally would have expected this from a dodgy back street dealer. I am still shaking my head in total disbelief. SHOCKING
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Just an update, sorted and Samsung recognise that it was complete, however, no apology as such or why they made this mistake. My faith in Samsung has been reduced considerably.
0 Likes