Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Support Follow up

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 07:20 PM)
Drg
Journeyman
Options

I have just received a follow up call from Samsung support, but it is so unprofessional it is unbelievable. The chap kept asking for information , can I confirm my telephone number, confirm my email address, confirm my .....   I had to stop him as it came across as a scam caller trying to get information from me.   When I asked him to confirm that he was from Samsung, all he could give me was information that you can get from the Samsung forums !     

REALLY disappointed in Samsung support.       

I have now checked his phone number on google and it does appear to be Samsung Experience Store.  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisP88
Options

@Drg We are very sorry to hear about this experience!

Did you arrange for someone for one of our stores to call you? What was the reason for the call and from which store/department, please? We'd like to look into this for you.

With regard to being asked for information, this would be asked of you for security reasons.

0 Likes
Drg
Journeyman
Options

HI

Yes I was expecting a call, because the Samsung online chatbot "technical support" couldn't resolve a problem with my new TV.   Hence I was awaiting a call to complain.  ( I have since sorted the problem myself ) 

I appreciate that I was being asked for information for security reasons to confirm my identity etc, but the chap on the phone was not confident and appeared very "vague".  I gave my phone , then my email address, then the caller wanted more information , just as a scammer / phisher would.  The details should be picked up from when I registered the TV !  And then the caller couldn't reciprocate and prove that he was from Samsung !  FYI I checked afterwards and the call came from 0333 000 0333 which I believe is a Samsung number. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

@Drg We can confirm this number is for Samsung Support. 3 pieces of information are required from you under GDPR regulations, and your registration of a p[roduct would not count as we would still need to match you to the details shown against this registration and confirm you are that individual, but we do appreciate this could have been handled differently.

We are glad to hear you managed to sort this out and very much appreciate the feedback!

0 Likes
Drg
Journeyman
Options

All I can say is that I'm VERY disappointed in Samsung support. Including your response.  The call I received sounded like scammers - yet you appear not to care.  If you did then you would have found another way to verify.   AND now I find that Samsung are still sending out replacement remotes. Yet I was denied one !  why was I discriminated against ?    check out https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/bu8000-series-tv-remote-question/m-p/6484590/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1ha...

0 Likes