Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung's Technical Explaination of Moon Shots

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 05:09 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The shots are produced using enhanced AI, company came under a bit of pressure after being accused of Fake Moon photos.https://www.samsungmobilepress.com/feature-stories/how-samsung-galaxy-cameras-combine-super-resoluti... 

one of the articles from a Tech site here https://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-camera-fake-moon-photo-reddit-ai-texture 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

4 REPLIES 4
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Thanks for the article, very informative & useful, I'm very pleased with my purchase of the 23 ultra, ticks all the right boxes for me.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I thought all this AI tinkering on moon shots was first explained on the S21 Ultra?. So I don't understand why reviewers and the like are going bananas about it now?. If people are going to this extent to put a pin in Samsung's big S23 bubble at the moment, then that is a measure of how Samsung are giving 'the opposition' and haters sleepless nights at the moment. It is also a great clickbait subject to draw in the subscriptions and likes for many reviewers. I just want to finish by saying that I have never taken a picture of the moon with my S23 Ultra as it is not a one trick pony and is capable of so much more than just moon pictures. It's camera is fantastic on every level and it's AI system is quite incredible. Not a cheating mechanism. 👍
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
It's fake
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

These days AI is pretty much tinkering with all photo's, one thing more than the obvious but in the end the end result of most photo's is better so that's great 🙂 

Anyhow, the moon thingy is a bit of an "extreme" and close enough to faking it, but the AI in our phones is great though and will become even better :winking-face: