Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Never Listens To Customer Feedback

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 09:17 PM)
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options
I will not minced words. I have been making the same suggestions in the past 12+ months but i'm starting to believe Samsung never listens to its end users.
1. A better and easer way to hide apps (then finding them afterwards) similar to the implementation of Oxygen OS & MIUI via swipes and gestures and not just pressing buttons thru Secure Folder.
2. Full, unrestricted use of Android gestures (especially when closing apps and/or swiping to go to the home screen) when a third-party launcher is installed - there's always a stutter when swiping/going to home screen as One UI remain bloated still and poorly optimised for Android OS. 
3. Better trade-in prices and phone pricing. e.g. S20 FE 5G is only £100 cheaper than the S21 FE 5G?  Why? A Huawei phone included for trade-in? Why? They don't even have Google Play Services.  Wanted to trade-in my Poco F3 but its not available. And the phone i wanted to buy is Out of Stock. VERY FRUSTRATING.  
It's all not negative...Flat front screen. dual stereo speakers, basic IP rating and a pre-installed high quality plastic screen protector are becoming more common but these things should be deemed "expected features" for both the S-line & A-line.
You are in the right direction (with One UI 4.0 and the latest A52s & S21 FE 5G)but we need to see more updates, more changes, more enhancements, more initiative from Samsung based on suggestions like mine. 
More changes  = happy customers. It'd not rocket science. 

10 REPLIES 10
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you are on the lookout for the S21 FE 5G, maybe try looking at other websites such as Argos, Currys, Very, Littlewoods, Carphone Warphone, etc.., to see if they have the phone in stock. Also, a risk, but maybe try third-party websites, but I do suggest in doing your research before purchasing from these. I know Mobile Fun is a good one, for example, but I am not sure if they have the S21 FE 5G in stock. Good luck on finding a phone and hope this helps! 🙂

P.S. I am interested in getting the S22 for that sweet small phone size that will fit into my pockets comfortably and manage with one handed use easily (like the S8, but way better optimised screen-to-body ratio, phone shape so I do not get weird looking black bar YouTube videos in order to finally use the entire screen of my phone, 8GB RAM to handle my intense CPU activities, etc. 😎)
0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
Samsung isn't going to listen to 1 customer out of billions of users.
0 Likes
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you but your reply doesn't seem to connect with the main subject line.

I wanted to purchase a phone off the Samsung website as they have trade-in scheme. But again that comes with some issues.

Please kindly read my original subject thread again. 

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Sometimes, Currys has a trade-in promotion available for selected devices, so it is not just Samsung that offers trade-in services lol. If you so desire, look around on other websites for similar schemes or better yet, just sell the phones! Hope this helps 😎!
0 Likes
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

You are in many ways right. But that kind of attitude won't win buyers and new users. 

If a suggestions will be very useful to the UI then why not include it eh?

I made the suggestions based on my 12 years of first-hand Android user. If that doesn't count then that's very shameful of Samsung.  If they don't listen and consider all suggestions then that tells you everything about the company.

Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Please kindly reply to my other thread. Cheers. 

0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
Samsung is far better than the competitors, but yes large manufacturers only look into a suggestion when multiple fans recommend it
0 Likes
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Please enlighten me as to how Samsung is better than other competitors?

And this culture of suggestions of one person or a thousand people says everything about the company. If an experienced Android user has been making suggestions for more than a year and those suggestions will help better usability and productivity of a device surely the company should be listening and incorporating those changes to the next update? Surely?!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I don't know, I'm not loyal to any particular brand of phone or tablet maker. I bought my Tab A7 because it was the best in stock I could get at the time within my budget. It's performed as expected, maybe slightly better. Either way, I have given feedback about I to Samsung and they have acted on it. When I first got the tablet the PIN entry was to far too small and occupied 1/3 the height of the screen in landscape mode and 1/6 in portrait. Probably not an issue if you have small hands but I do a lot of work on server blades, workstation PCs, industrial CNC machinery all of which are networked. So my fingers were too chunky to accurately press the pin buttons when they were so close together. Samsung spaced them out better and now it's okay.

I just bought a new phone this afternoon to replace my Moto G4. I've gone for Nokia though. I don't think I'd trust Samsung if something went wrong to do the decent thing and not charge me for a repair that isn't my fault.