Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung members who don't appreciate help

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 02:55 PM)
Galaxyyouser21
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung Lounge
I've noticed on here that certain members who ask for advice & help with their devices, don't seem to appreciate it when they get what they want. They seem to forget that the community on here, do this in their own time & using their own knowledge for no financial benefit whatsoever. Sometimes all it takes is a simple thank you. Those people who seem to think that they are above saying this should remember that good manners are free to all, much like all the information they get for free on here to help them use their own devices. 🙂👈
11 REPLIES 11
1OfTheYoungest
Pioneer
Options
Samsung Lounge
I know it happens to me it really makes me sad
JAMES4578
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi @Galaxyyouser21 @1OfTheYoungest  It can be a bit annoying sometimes, however as in any community some people just come on to sound off and are not particularly interested in engaging constructively.  I do not let it get me too down though and I I like to think they are in the minority and many members do appreciate advice. 

My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 4.0,Android 12 Official Version.
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung Lounge
Well said 👍🤙🤙🤙1638290618241.gif
Galaxyyouser21
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung Lounge
Yeah i agree with that. 80% of them seem to appreciate it. Just annoys me when i seem to get replies when I'm giving advice and when they get the information that cures their problem, they don't bother with a thank you or even tell me whether it worked for them 😏
GoanGeek
Hotshot
Options
Samsung Lounge
I guess most people think this way they can official complain or get answers.
I personally just share my experiences as it may help someone.
It's nice to be appreciated now and then but I love interacting and bouncing of ideas from the regulars here.
You always get to learn something.
Galaxyyouser21
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung Lounge
Well said 👍
antikythera
Big Cheese
Options
Samsung Lounge
GoanGeek pretty much nailed it. The behaviour you observe here is not dissimilar to any other support community on the Internet unfortunately these days and it seems to be becoming more commonplace. There's an ever increasing level of entitlement. Yes it would be nice to be thanked or have posts liked and or marked as solutions but to me that's not overly important or what I'm craving. I pass on knowledge others have been decent enough to share that I have learnt from either here or elsewhere. Paying it forward is the way to go. The awarding of badges gamifies forums to a certain extent and can encourage less than useful posts at times to put it politely 😁
Galaxyyouser21
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung Lounge
Describe a less than useful post ?
0 Likes
Galaxyyouser21
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung Lounge
Only problem with what you are saying is that, nobody on here taught or told me anything. I learned what i know through a more reliable source (myself). So bouncing as you put it is quite pointless when most of the things people say doesn't help. But thanks for the sarcastic 🙄 support mate 👍😉
0 Likes