Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung is discriminating Bulgarian users

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 04:55 PM)
maodaa
Voyager
Options

Hello.

Why Samsung keep discriminating Bulgarian users with their devices?

We can't use Samsung Pay, we don't get beta program, we can't use Good Look, no actual useful offers in samsung members, no contests in samsung members and many many other options.

Don't we pay enough money for the premium devices like people in other countries?

What is behind these decisions?

Looks like it's better to pay for any other brand than samsung where we can use everything.

I am owner of all Samsung devices starting with S3 to S22 Ultra, but looks like it's time to switch to another brand.

So many limitations for us, we are not treated like valuable customers!

P.S. I am not sure if this is the right section to post about that.

11 REPLIES 11
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Beta program is still not out for most places including here in the UK.
Samsung pay will need the banks and regulatory body to certificate it for use.
Perhaps the main banks are not allowing it. Otherwise I don't see why not.
It's natural to assume its Samsung's fault. But there's more to it than that.
I know Goodlock isn't available in numerous places. Not sure why, but again this could be a third party regional thing.
As for contests, they don't do them all the time, and one finished fairly recently. But no new ones yet.
maodaa
Voyager
Options

It's samsung fault of course. About the samsung pay is up to them to make it work with bulgarian banks, but they don't want to do it.

Good Look why is not available? No one knows. They just decide it that way.

Also no call record... the EU excuse is just no comment. You know... if someone want to do something he will do it.

Samsung should leave us to decide what to use and what not.

Contests in Bulgaria? No such thing.

Usefull offers in Bulgaria? No such thing

Samsung support in Bulgaria? Worst support I have ever meet.

Beta program in Bulgaria? Never happened. Why? We can't test the software? We don't have skilled people to do that? No, we have. We are just discriminated in all ways by Samsung.

We just pay a lot of money for nothing, we can get this hardware for less with other brands.

Also thank you for your polite answer ❤️

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You would have to engage with Good Lock Labs who are the developer of that particular app as to why this is the current case to why it's available in some regions and not in others.

Samsung would I'm sure love for all banks to let their customers to use Samsung Pay.

However for whatever reason privy to the banks some won't get on board.

I personally prefer Google Pay.

Contests are sometimes region dependent and to suit the market place of a region.

You can send feedback via your Samsung Members App and regularly check the contests section of your Samsung Community Forum and on Samsungs official pages.

Beta again is dependent on region , phone and model number.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

maodaa
Voyager
Options

Good Look is not the only one app. There are many services by samsung which are limited from our country. Why? Discriminating.

Even in samsung members app we do not have the tab community. Why? 

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Contests are sometimes region dependent and to suit the market place of a region.

This is just discrimination. We never had this option for our region. Again why?

So why we pay a lot of money for device which is limited by samsung for our country?

I guess only samsung can answer that questions, but I am pretty sure they wont. They just love to discriminate some countries.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @maodaa so concentrating on Samsung apps which other " many services " are not open to use in your region please ?

Which Samsung led contests have you not been able to enter  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@maodaa @Some Members in the Uk/Ireland community have claimed we are shortchanged compared to the USA.  unfortunately some markets will have better offers.  Betas cannot be offered everywhere(due to the impact on the server) and will be confined to select markets . For instance Ireland tends to miss out.

Sometimes unavailability of certain services may be due to technical reasons.

However I appreciate the  frustration. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
RobCeuppens
Apprentice
Options
You can get apps in Google Play store that do call recording. Also you can use Google Wallet instead of Samsung pay. That's what I use. Also I'm in the UK and I've never heard of good lock. What does it do?
0 Likes
maodaa
Voyager
Options

@JAMES4578 Bulgaria have very dedicated community about samsung.

One thing is to have some contests and another thing (like Bulgaria) to have ZERO, not even tab for contests.

There is no other brand that limit us from everything like samsung.

And I do not speak for a single thing, I just gave some examples of services which we are limited from, but complex.

Keep in mind Good Look =/= Good Lock

@

Good Look app is like you can build your own them/skins for the UI on your phone. Like... style your keyboard, notification panel and etc.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@maodaa  Fair enough, see why it is a point of contention.I did not see a tab for Bulgaria on the Samsung eu community Web page.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes