Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Internet Browser not compatible

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 12:41 AM)
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Why is Samsung Internet Browser suddenly showing the not compatible message, when I try to update the app on my Galaxy tablet?

Tried to reinstall, but with no success.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Where are you trying to update it? Google play or galaxy store?
0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Through Google Play, I'm getting the not compatible message.

I can't update it through Galaxy Store.

There I'm only able to uninstall and open the app.

If I press the update button, through the browser/app, I'm redirected to Google Play, where I cannot update it, because I'm getting the not compatible message.

So the app tells me there is an update, but it won't let me update, because it says, that it's not compatible to my Galaxy Tab.

0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Go to Google play store uninstall the app and then go to galaxy store and install if it let's you? Otherwise let it detect a update and let it install it for you.
0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Tried but with no success.

The browser detects the update, but as mentioned, when I press the update button, it redirects me to Google Play, where it's not possible to update it, because it says, that my device is not compatible. 

0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Don't use Google play to update it. Use galaxy store if it detects a update
0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Also tried that.

But it doesn't show me an update button.

It only shows me open and uninstall.

0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Press uninstall then and when it says install go to Google play store and see if it let's you install
0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

If I uninstall, through Galaxy Store, then I'm no longer able at all, to find the app in Google Play. I'm only able to install it again through Galaxy Store. 

0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Weird, can't think of anything else right now. I guess this might be fault by Samsung them selves. You should add model of the tablet so when a Samsung staff reads this they hopefully can forward it to team behind app
0 Likes