Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung got so embarrassed with what they did that they blocked my video!

(Topic created on: 26-02-2022 07:21 PM)
PeterCk
Journeyman
Options

I can't understand how a company which produces the highest standard consumer electronics can't afford to put a shred of bubble foil (or it's paper equivalent) to secure their products while shipping.

I recently got my new S22 Ultra 5G directly from samsung.co.uk store. The phone was not secured at all. I made a video but it's "awaiting approval" for almost a week (Samsung probably got really ashamed by it's contents 🤣).

No problem at all, here are YouTube links:

https://youtu.be/H0P8aMAEqqE

https://youtu.be/OmXVnXv5ksw

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
The classic "there are other problems in the world" so stop thinking about this because multiple problems can't coexist at the same time bs.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You think packaging that protects a device sent by a courier is even a problem?
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you read anything that I said? Unlikely. Just like the post you added to my thread the other day. Clearly never read it or understood it.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not biting on this as it's going off on a tangent. This is a topic that divides a lot of people so will only get out of control. What do I know, I'm a petrol head?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you used the reply button I would have seen your post in the other thread.
0 Likes
wg1650033
Explorer
Options
At least they put your phone in a shipping box, my tab s8 came with just a dpd bag, no protectoon at all and here is what it looks like when i took it out from the bag 20220225_102723_5683_1645784846.jpg20220225_102740_5684_1645784862.jpg
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
This is almost exactly the same as the S20 Ultra and Note 10+ before. The fact they've made 25W even more efficient to charge the S22 Ultra is amazing. You do realise the 45W charger isn't made specifically for the S22 right? There are other devices that do get a very sizeable reduction in charge time like the Tab S 7 and 8 series.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
A new 45w charging brick was released for the S22 line up. When you add an S22 Ultra or S22+ to the basket, the page of recommended products has a new 45w charger as the most recommended charging accessory, so naturally many people will buy it even though they already have the 25w. 45w to the unsuspecting buyer could sound like it's nearly twice as fast at charging, based solely on the number.

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_is_bringing_a_new_45w_fast_charger_for_the_galaxy_s22_ultra-news-5254...

They announce the phones have 45W charging capabilities, a new charger that can charge at 45w (£44) being pushed onto buyers when it offers from what I can see online little to no difference in charge speed. They have several 45w chargers available, one for the Note 20 series and one for the Note 10+. Regardless of it's ability to charge many different Samsung products to their full capabilities, it was just released, is being pushed as a new charger for the S22 series yet offers little to no benefit in charging speeds. They could have made the claim that the existing 25w charger is now more efficient and faster at charging the S22 battery but they didn't. They want to sell more chargers, only reason why you would release multiple models of charging brick which all do the same job. Its contradictory to their environmental reasoning for removing the chargers from the box. Next year I bet a new 65w charger will be released and that will be the new charging standard for the S23 line.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That's funny, I don't recall being pushed to buying anything when I preordered my S22 Ultra. Actually it's quite funny, I didn't even know anything about a "new" 45W charger until I read about it here in your post! If they're pushing it on anyone, I don't think they're doing a good job of it...
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not biting, I won't be purchasing it either and neither I suspect will the majority of buyers. But it's clear many already have the charger was sold out almost immediately after launch but is now back on sale. With a 30% discount on accessories when buying the phone, they are making the purchase of items such as the charger more appealing due the decent discount and I see the sales continuing.
0 Likes