Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung gallery face recognition update

(Topic created on: 02-02-2024 03:02 PM)
Drplastik
Explorer
Options
Anyone who knows how to get the gallery to continue search faces in the gallery app? Mine has found 28 people/faces... Now it's not finding anymore? I tried to reset the app..
I have most of my gallery in the Onedrive cloud.. But they show up in my Samsung gallery just as I want them to do. 
15 REPLIES 15
Drplastik
Explorer
Options
It works for me now
0 Likes
Emmi S
Big Cheese
Options

Great to hear @Drplastik - did you do any update or setting to make it work?

/Emmi
0 Likes
Drplastik
Explorer
Options
No it just started to work again.. I did all the usual updates from samsung..
Emmi S
Big Cheese
Options

Then there was maybes an fix included in the update @Drplastik 🙌

/Emmi
0 Likes
mihals
Pioneer
Options

I would still prefer the possibility to force our devices to scan for another faces to put names to.

It seems that the scan proceeds only if the phone is on charge and reaches 100%. 

My progress on scanning faces is now on 08/2018, but there is still plenty of pics to be scanned untill the year 2009...

0 Likes
zBalza
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the recognize is soooooooo slow... And there still seems to be some kind of issue that it's not working properly if the phone is not charging to 100%. This is still so annoying.

Apart from that concerning the quality of the recognition: does anyone else experience a massive quality issue of the recognition itself? I have around 20 people recognized and in 80% there are people in there, who don't look the same at all. The most funny thing was a black guy being recognized as a white guy. I never had so many wrong recognitions on my s9+. And I'm also missing the bubbles across the people's faces that highlighted the person's name. A have quite a few uncategorized pictures/unnamed persons because a person was recognize on a group photo but I don't have a clue which person was recognized.