Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A33 5G pop up notification on lock screen

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 03:38 PM)
benfro
Journeyman
Options
Is there anyone with a Samsung Galaxy A33 5G who can receive pop up notification on lock screen on either android 12 or 13?
Would really like to know before I scrap this phone!!
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @benfro 

This model should def have notifications. Here is a short guide on how you turn off/on the notifications 😊

https://deviceguides.ee.co.uk/mobile/samsung/galaxy-a33-5g-android-12-0/basic-functions/turning-noti...

/Emmi
0 Likes
benfro
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for reply. The menues in settings in the link you attached look different to mine. I'm using android 13. Phone mod.nr. is SM-A336B/DSN.
I have tried everything, but no luck.
I'd be very interested to know if someone has been able to solve this problem. Swedish samsung support has even told me that notifications on lock screen are not possible on this model.!!
I just find this hard to believe...

Could this be an issue with the upgrade to Android 13?

I guess I could try to restore to Factory settings and reinstall Applications.

Or flash the phone and try to get Android 12 back!!!!

0 Likes
benfro
Journeyman
Options
Begriper inte vad "anteckningar visas inte som popup meddelande..." texten anges vid aktivering av "Popuptillåtet" Screenshot_20230202_105227_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi again @benfro 

I dont have an answer straight away, I need to ask further at Samsung and will be back with an answer as soon as I have one 😊

You can try to restore it to factory settings and see if its makes a difference, hope that helps. I will get back as soon as I have an answer! 

/Emmi
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi again @benfro 

We have not forgotten your issue, and have had a look at it! Its seems like we cant solve it right away and have therefore escalated the issue further. Hopefully this will be solved as soon as possible! 

/Emmi
henqq
First Poster
Options

Me neither. From Argentina. Expected this feature from the beginning but it never came even in many android updates!

0 Likes
benfro
Journeyman
Options
Have got confirmation from Samsung support that notifications on locked screen are NOT available on A33 5g as it is a low budget phone.
It would have nice if Samsung would have gone out with this, or at least informed sales staff that feature wasn't available. I would definitely have bought a different model for a bigger price. Now I will hesitate to buy another Samsung. Too bad 👎
0 Likes
henqq
First Poster
Options

It's as budget as a22 and a32, and those DO have lock screen notifications and AOD.

0 Likes
benfro
Journeyman
Options
Prove me wrong!.
I get notifications from messenger, alarm and incoming calls. If I have a new Gmail message for example, I get a SOUND notification, but it doesn't wake up the phone to show a notification
There is no AOD option on this phone with Android 13 . One Ui version 5,1
0 Likes