Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung finance option is disabled at checkout

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 04:08 AM)
rv14
First Poster
Options

I am facingthis issue where i am unable to select Samsung finance at the checkout - i have an approved credit limit - I can log into the samsung finance portal but on samsung website i am unable to select that option. Tried different browser. Please help

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've had a similar issue like this before and had to use a different device to use this option.
Not sure why really.
There are also items that won't have financing as part of the payment options. Could be a type of promotional offer on the item or something to do with the value of it.
I've also had a situation where because I have finance with the company dealing with the finance. I wasn't eligible for another deal even though I have good credit. Just the rules they work by
bearodactyl
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue, and plus when I can get to the link accounts part and put in my info it just says "something has gone wrong" I have tried on 4 different browsers (with cleared caches) and the app, same issue

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bearodactyl: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. To eliminate the possibility that this is a temporary server issue, please check back in 24 hours, and try placing your order again with your preferred finance options. If the problem persists, and if you are based in the UK/Ireland, then please contact our Shop Team on 0333 000 0333, where an advisor will be able to look into this further for you. 

0 Likes
Azkeepingcool
Student
Options

Here we are in late October of 2023 and this issue still persists.

I am willing to bet that several others have the same issue but have just given up.

I wish the moderators actually had a solution.

I've been on the phone with so many reps at Samsung Finance (TD Bank) and at Samsung Shop. Going on 4 months and no resolution.

Marting714
First Poster
Options

Here I am thinking it this only happening to me but I guess not I’ve been told so many things to do this do that and no one seems to be able to fix this issue. 

Azkeepingcool
Student
Options

They finally fixed the issue for me. It took the 3rd tier of their tech support to fix it. Basically their system did not recognize that my address was up to date. I had moved to a new house and updated my address in both Samsung Finance and also in my Samsung Account, but the Samsung system reflected the change on my end but their mainframe did not recognize it.

They troubleshooted the issue and eventually fixed it after several months.

I had tried testing it several times at their request and nothing seemed to work, until the night before Black Friday they sent me an email asking that I try and it finally worked.

HackFamily
First Poster
Options

Hello, I wanted to provide a possible fix for anyone dealing with Samsung Financing not showing as a payment option. We had the same issue since yesterday even though we used it in the past 2 weeks and had twice the available credit that was needed for the new purchase. I spoke to numerous Samsung agents in multiple departments and TD Bank, but nothing worked, not even a credit limit increase. My spouse is in software development and we were pretty sure it was a glitch in our account, but tech support is not available to customers on the weekend. After 2 hours on the phone with Samsung today where no one knew what to do, I combed through every account setting and it was only after I disconnected my devices (a tv and a phone) that we were finally able to access Samsung Financing as a payment option again. Whew! What a PITA! Hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes