Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Exynos 2200 is here - ALL you NEED to KNOW!

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 06:09 PM)
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Hi guys,

It`s here. It is happening. The leaksters were wrong! Samsung unveiled officially the Exynos 2200 and it is full of surprises and promises.

Big promises were made by Samsung and I really like it! I will make sure to check all of that once I get my hands on the S22 Ultra.

One of he most exciting topics is the new AMD RDNA v2 coming with the brad new Samsung Xclipse 920 GPU! So no more Adreno, no more Mali, let`s see what Xclipse can do! Also new ISP supporting up to 200 mpx and zero shutter lag up to 108 mpx (insane), new NPU unit (2x smart as S21 series), new display supporting up to 144 Hz, of course HRD10+ and with over 1700 brightness nits... It all sounds too good to be true!

Check this video and learn ALL you KNEED to KNOW for the Samsung Exynos 2200.

Official Samsung press
https://bit.ly/3fzJl3z

11 REPLIES 11
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Judging by performance leaks regarding throttling and thermal problems with the SD 8 Gen1 I predict that come April 2023 it will be the Exynos 2200 S22 owners who will be the delighted ones and those with the SD S22's who are complaining about having an inferior handset. It is the graphic capabilities and the cool steady running under pressure of the 2200 that will set it's performance apart.
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

I hope so, and I hope for April this year, although we know that it takes Samsung 1 year to optimize it`s S series phones sadly they just become above average good when the next one is around the corner.

But hell yeah, RDNA and some other things def get on the hype train!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@VST007 Certainly the specifications sounds impressive and just a mind mind blowing, hopefully expectations fully realised though will not be upgrading myself at present.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Indeed @JAMES4578 mind blowing some promised specs are!. 8K video at 60fps?... That has to be a misprint right?.. I know in theory both the Exynos2200 and SD 8Gen1 can support this but I can't believe it will be on the S22 at launch. Or at all?..
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

8K at 30fps but 4K at 240fps I think. 

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
That sounds more like it @VST007. 8K 60fps video may not arrive till 2023, and I can't see the need for it myself. It would certainly give bragging rights down the pub though.
0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

I think so... Honestly I bought a 4K HDR tv just last year, as I moved from PS4 to PS5... and I started also to shoot all my videos for youtube and also family/private videos on 4K 60 fps.

Sadly 4K is still not so widely adopted, alltough one of the newest shows like Dexter and Star Trek Discovery and Foundation came with 4k HDR so that is good...

But 8K adoption wont be even needed in years from now...

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Shooting 4K 60 fps is my think also. It looks so sharp and 'real' and smooth to me. Juddering 30 fps just isn't for me sorry. 8K is overkill at the moment but imagine the thermal issues for any phone recording 8K 60fps even with a 5 minute recording limit. I don't even know how many professional cameras are capable of recording 8K 60fps video?.. Few I bet.
0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Yep, I d bet some RED cameras and other pro or semi pro equipment can do 8K 60. 4K 60 is still a challenge for most Android phones. My Pixel 6 can do 20-25 Mins and then overheats - S21 U (Exynos) is a bit more stable but imagine 8K 60 - it will fry the phone if not properly optmized like what we have in iPhones and iOS...

But then also ... who shoots movies in 8K? Just recently some of the TV Shows started to appear in 4k/60/HDR - so I d bet that Full HD is still the most widely adopted format (also for streaming).

4K 60 will with HDR and 10 bit colors and etc will still have to catch up in terms of adoption before 8K appears.

0 Likes