Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG CULTURE IS HIDEOUS

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 04:46 PM)
eglass93
First Poster
Options

My ticket number is ****** and this is why Samsung has lost faithful customers and will lose more in the future.

I bought a Samsung 65" TV from Walmart on a Black Friday sale on 11/18. Once assembled and turned on I realized that the Samsung TV Plus and downloaded apps (not pre-downloaded apps) did not work. After speaking with support and conducting diagnostics they created a ticket with USSI. I called USSI and setup an appointment for my TV to be fixed which was 11/30 but no one ever came out so I contacted Samsung. They told me to contact the establishment and gave me the number so I did but the establishment said they never received a ticket from Samsung. Then Samsung sends me a text message saying no technicians could be found within 100 miles of my address which is simply not true. I called the repair shop they originally suggested and they said they would be able to repair the TV. That's when Samsung gave me two options after asking me for the receipt, 1) refund amount on receipt and pickup the TV or 2) I hire a repair technician and Samsung refund me. Neither of these are a viable option because the sale I bought the TV on at Walmart is now over and the TV has went back up over $100 so I would need $100 in addition to the refund to buy the same TV and also hiring a technician shouldn't be my responsibility and it would take away from my job and family. I simply told the first gentleman to please escalate this issue and he did. A day later a Samsung employee by the name of Kelvin who gave me the same two options which I return told him the same thing as stated previously. He became disgruntled at me saying it was my fault I bought the TV from Walmart, he became hostile talking over me and yelling at me for something that is Samsung's fault. I have been lied to and yelled at by Samsung representatives and after years of spending thousands of dollars on various Samsung products, this is how I am treated? 

I just spoke with Manuel, Kelvin's supervisor, he said that there was nothing else Samsung could do for me besides the options given before. I have been a long time and faithful customer but I will no longer be so, I will take my time and money elsewhere to another company. It's sad that this could not be escalated properly and a customer could not be taken care of. I am severely disappointed that Samsung's culture is to treat their customers poorly by causing stress and anxiety through malicious customer support and not having a faithful customer's back.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Hi @eglass93 , I've edited out some of the personal info from your post to keep it line with our Community's TOS.

And doesn't sound like a good experience. 😞 Did you speak to Walmart? Not sure how things like this go in the US, but for us in the UK the retailer is the best port of call if something's not working straight out of the box - and if it's something that's been identified as needing a repair. And did Support give you more info about what they thought would be the underlying cause of why the apps weren't working?

0 Likes
eglass93
First Poster
Options

@AntS I did not speak to Walmart since Samsung said they would fix the TV and I just kept it with them from there. I understand returning to Walmart would have been an option but this is Samsung issue. If I don't receive my full refund from Samsung I will take it back and return to Walmart myself. 

Samsung never told me anything about the underlying causes. Samsung didn't help at all. They only yelled at me and caused stress/anxiety. I posted this for others out there to understand the TOXIC and UNHEALTHY culture Samsung has for it's customers. The fact that I've spent thousands over 10 years and Samsung could only yell at me and couldn't give me a penny more determines they only care about money. No longer will I be a Samsung customer EVER AGAIN. Edit the truth out, seems to be a Samsung thing to do.

0 Likes